PDA

View Full Version : pillar mount?

durangoR/T
02-08-2010, 05:11 PM
does anyone no were i can get a full pillar with dual mounts for gauges and not just the cheap 2 sided tape or screw in pod, the full one the takes the factory one out? thanks

RawR/T
02-09-2010, 12:13 AM
does anyone no were i can get a full pillar with dual mounts for gauges and not just the cheap 2 sided tape or screw in pod, the full one the takes the factory one out? thanks

I have been looking for the same except with a 3 pod instead of 2 pod. Anyone know if they make these anywhere? I know auto meter doesnt make em, so after that all i have seen is the stick on or screw on, and those are very thin compared to our A pillar

durangoR/T
02-09-2010, 12:20 AM
there out there some were some guys on this forum have them, lately i have found this forum to be useless, i havent been really getting answers about anything i ask:finger:

tcuillier
02-09-2010, 01:02 AM

This is the one I have in my '99. It replaces the entire factory pillar.
http://www.gaugepods.com/dodge_t.html

Tom

durangoR/T
02-09-2010, 01:20 AM
now if im correct the dakota will fit the durango?

RawR/T
02-09-2010, 01:48 AM

Tom

That looks great. It was either I found an A pillar pod or I was going to have to take out the center vents above the radio and make something there. LOL Which I may still do at some point. I want to mount my A/F gauge's and Temp gauge.

daigosblkr/t
02-28-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm making my own. I bought one from auto zone and fiberglass it to my factory pilar

KTK00R/T
02-28-2010, 10:28 PM

Tom

Where did you get your column pod? I need one for a wideband.

Jontoad
03-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Where did you get your column pod? I need one for a wideband.

they sell them on summit. its the one for a dodge ram truck, they fit our trucks too.

KTK00R/T
03-01-2010, 01:14 AM
ahh thanks.. damn I'm glad I started coming here.

tcuillier
03-01-2010, 02:46 AM
they sell them on summit. its the one for a dodge ram truck, they fit our trucks too.

Yep, what he said. Summit cat. says it's for a Ram, but it fits like a glove in the Dakota. Ditch the 2-sided tape though. I epoxied mine to the top half of the column trim piece. Looks like it came from the factory.

Tom

PeteRT
03-01-2010, 03:45 AM
Yep, what he said. Summit cat. says it's for a Ram, but it fits like a glove in the Dakota. Ditch the 2-sided tape though. I epoxied mine to the top half of the column trim piece. Looks like it came from the factory.

Tom

can you post that pic again? i wanna see how it lines up with the stock cluster.
pete

tcuillier
03-01-2010, 06:04 AM
I thought I had a pic from directly behind the steering wheel, but I can't find it. Anyway, from behind the wheel, the column mounted guage visually fits perfectly in the center of the factory tach. Doesn't block anything. In this pic, you can also see the filler piece in the column to cover the opening left by the factory column shift lever.

Tom

User
03-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry its like 5am and im a bit tired.. where can you find a decent pod that fits the 01 interior, the 97-00 columns are diffrent from the 01+

I had one in my 2000 and it fit fine, cant find shit for the 01... I want a 3 gauge pod.

Nitrohog
06-05-2010, 11:29 PM

Tom

Sorry to bring up an old thread but do you have any pics of it? I have heard some reviews of the lotek pod that it is just an overlay that has big gaps at the top and bottom.

tcuillier
06-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Sorry to bring up an old thread but do you have any pics of it? I have heard some reviews of the lotek pod that it is just an overlay that has big gaps at the top and bottom.

I installed the Lo-Tek pod on my '99 R/T about 7 years ago. There are no gaps whatsoever. Maybe the newer Lo-Tek pods are different. Mine fits great.

Tom

dakotabluert98
08-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Just heard back from lo-teck and they are still making the same pillar pod as they did 7 years ago. Ill be ordering one. :biggthumpup:

pacecardrew79
01-23-2011, 12:34 PM
while were talking gauges here, has anyone used the glow shift line of gauges? i have autometer in my other car. but in the dakota i want all gauges to match. thats a hard thing to do with different brands of gauges. all of the glow shift gauges are electric. big plus there. they also make a a/f ratio gauge that matches the rest of there line. if you can help me, thanks.