PDA

View Full Version : Gutted or Full interior for Pinks

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 12:25 AM
Times are really not a factor I guess since they are all random anyway. So do you do think I would most likely get a shot with a full interior or a gutted interior. I would have to get the rest of the stereo finished if I put the interior back in. I would think its a difference of about .05 or .1 maybe. So lets say I run a 10.70 to a 10.80 is it really a big deal? Should I bring a book of the build? Tickets are on sale on Monday so I hope I get a ticket.

White Turbo
01-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Times are really not a factor I guess since they are all random anyway. So do you do think I would most likely get a shot with a full interior or a gutted interior. I would have to get the rest of the stereo finished if I put the interior back in. I would think its a difference of about .05 or .1 maybe. So lets say I run a 10.70 to a 10.80 is it really a big deal? Should I bring a book of the build? Tickets are on sale on Monday so I hope I get a ticket.

Since times are picked at random by Pinks, I wouldn't think it would matter.

I gutted in the interior of my CC, then added a Cro-moly 6 point rollbar, seat, and restraints. The weight difference for me was about -115 lbs.

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 12:36 AM

I gutted in the interior of my CC, then added a Cro-moly 6 point rollbar, seat, and restraints. The weight difference for me was about -115 lbs.

Yea, its all gutted right now getting the bar in. But mine is going to be mild Steel. I hope I am able to stay in the 10s in May. Shit I hope I can get off work to do it.

Adobedude
01-31-2010, 12:40 AM

I like the gutted look.

Safer too.

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 12:41 AM
I like the gutted look.

Safer too.

How you figure its safer? Cause a panel would fly off and hit me?

Adobedude
01-31-2010, 12:50 AM
How you figure its safer? Cause a panel would fly off and hit me?

Plastic/carpet burns.

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Plastic/carpet burns.

Ah I get it.

AmberFireDaK
01-31-2010, 12:52 AM
I would say put the interior back in.... I think I looks better, I also think most people would agree. Anyone can put a cage in a vehicle, not many go to the trouble of making it work with a full interior or even bother to put the interior back in for that matter

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 12:54 AM
I would say put the interior back in.... I think I looks better, I also think most people would agree. Anyone can put a cage in a vehicle, not many go to the trouble of making it work with a full interior or even bother to put the interior back in for that matter

True, I think it would be more noticeable to see a truck running 10s with full interior. Might catch an eye or two.

lowlife
01-31-2010, 12:55 AM
id leave it in, your truck looks nice. A street truck truck that rips is awesome!

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 12:59 AM
id leave it in, your truck looks nice. A street truck truck that rips is awesome!

true.

White Turbo
01-31-2010, 01:01 AM
I like the gutted look.

Safer too.

LOL... If you like the gutted look, you will love my current sig pic:jester:

The only problem is.... It's like being inside a tin can when driving anywhere or racing! I need some of that sound damper matting or whatever it is.:burnout:

White Turbo
01-31-2010, 01:04 AM
True, I think it would be more noticeable to see a truck running 10s with full interior. Might catch an eye or two.

Are your bars inside? Or out the window?
It's gonna be a bitch gettin the back seat in with the bars in the way.

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 01:04 AM
LOL... If you like the gutted look, you will love my current sig pic:jester:

The only problem is.... It's like being inside a tin can when driving anywhere or racing! I need some of that sound damper matting or whatever it is.:burnout:

Thats what it felt like driving to drop the truck off. SHIT WAS LOUD.

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 01:07 AM
Are your bars inside? Or out the window?
It's gonna be a bitch gettin the back seat in with the bars in the way.

Inside, I pulled the back seat an I made a custom sub box. Already talked to the builder of the bar and he is working around the box. The rest I will just trim around if I have too. Otherwise I will have a upholstery shop make some nice side panels.

White Turbo
01-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Inside, I pulled the back seat an I made a custom sub box. Already talked to the builder of the bar and he is working around the box. The rest I will just trim around if I have too. Otherwise I will have a upholstery shop make some nice side panels.

Ahh.. I see.

So you will be safe, and have awesome sounds to boot :biggthumpup:

Win-Win:jester:

Adobedude
01-31-2010, 01:17 AM
Ah I get it.

Been in the back of my mind. 2 weeks before my first time to ever make a pass at a track, a guy hit the wall, car caught fire...He was moved to the burn unit in Las Vegas Nevada, ulitmately he died.

So here I am, my first time at the track and the track had a prayer for him because he was still alive, and the wall was still discolored from the fire.

It wasn't the hit that got him, but everything in the car burning.

Sorry to be a bummer...LOL

White Turbo
01-31-2010, 01:25 AM
Been in the back of my mind. 2 weeks before my first time to ever make a pass at a track, a guy hit the wall, car caught fire...He was moved to the burn unit in Las Vegas Nevada, ulitmately he died.

So here I am, my first time at the track and the track had a prayer for him because he was still alive, and the wall was still discolored from the fire.

It wasn't the hit that got him, but everything in the car burning.

Sorry to be a bummer...LOL

Hence the fire suppression system install?

Fires are a bummer... Even if you don't get hurt, still sucks to have a burned up truck.

Adobedude
01-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Hence the fire suppression system install?

Fires are a bummer... Even if you don't get hurt, still sucks to have a burned up truck.

Fire supression was done at the same time I did the GiSM fuel rails...I didn't even think about really racing it back then.

Then I saw that fucking tree.....:hail:

Sick 660r
01-31-2010, 03:36 AM
I say put it back it.

2k1AmberR/T
01-31-2010, 03:59 AM
Plastic/carpet burns.

Doesn't matter if you're not going to spray anyway! :nana:

GoFastGray
01-31-2010, 05:30 AM

agreed

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Roger putting it back in.

Intense RT
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Not gonna read all the posts. Less weight, faster and less chance of breakage generally. I'd leave it bare. Most of the cars in the 16 are not street cars anyway. I rarely see them pick slow cars, like 11 sec and slower. At least when I've seen it.

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Not gonna read all the posts. Less weight, faster and less chance of breakage generally. I'd leave it bare. Most of the cars in the 16 are not street cars anyway. I rarely see them pick slow cars, like 11 sec and slower. At least when I've seen it.

Getting picked for the field is hard enough, I want to get on TV, haha. A 10 second street truck with full interior might be able to pull that off.

Intense RT
01-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Getting picked for the field is hard enough, I want to get on TV, haha. A 10 second street truck with full interior might be able to pull that off.You could get some hydraulics for the fronts, bounce it up in the air then nail the gas, lmao, that should do it!:D

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 05:14 PM
You could get some hydraulics for the fronts, bounce it up in the air then nail the gas, lmao, that should do it!:D

I want to get on TV for having something nice and surprisingly fast, not gay. haha

Intense RT
01-31-2010, 05:18 PM
I want to get on TV for having something nice and surprisingly fast, not gay. hahaLol, I was thinking of a way for us to see a CC dak "wheels up".

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 05:20 PM
Lol, I was thinking of a way for us to see a CC dak "wheels up".

I think I need about 150 more HP, to get the wheels up. Wish I had a set of front bogarts.

grapejuice1998
01-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Getting picked for the field is hard enough, I want to get on TV, haha. A 10 second street truck with full interior might be able to pull that off.

I think the only thing that counts is; if a specific group of racers are all within 1/10 of each other. They don't really look at any one vehicle as special. They've pretty much seen it all at this point.

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 05:28 PM
I think the only thing that counts is; if a specific group of racers are all within 1/10 of each other. They don't really look at any one vehicle as special. They've pretty much seen it all at this point.

True, probably have a better chance if I had a mustang, hell there are always like 6 in the field of 16

grapejuice1998
01-31-2010, 05:31 PM
True, probably have a better chance if I had a mustang, hell there are always like 6 in the field of 16

That's just an odds thing, because there are a bazillion Mustangs and they're easy/cheap to mod by comparison.

I'd just roll on out there with all of the creature comforts in place, run it and see what shakes out.

SB440R/T
01-31-2010, 05:33 PM
That's just an odds thing, because there are a bazillion Mustangs and they're easy/cheap to mod by comparison.

I'd just roll on out there with all of the creature comforts in place, run it and see what shakes out.

Yea, that is what I am going to do. Have to get a ticket tomorrow first.

grapejuice1998
01-31-2010, 05:46 PM

Good luck! I hope you make the Show! :biggthumpup:

1FASTASSR/T
02-01-2010, 01:07 AM
The tix for Pinks All Out Z-Max sold out both years in 15 min or so.......If you get a ticket. get a crue together, and park together. The film crues travel all over and roll about 6-8 hours of raw video.......to cut down to about 30 min between 2 shows.
One good way to get on TV is to have a PINK'S ALL-Out vinyl on either your tailgate, hood or on your bed cover if you have one.
Remember Rich and the Willie cat both are Mopar nuts, and Ken is a chassis guy that likes good looking fast vehicle especialy trucks.

I will be at Z-Max.....watching one more year!!!!

SB440R/T
02-01-2010, 01:10 AM
The tix for Pinks All Out Z-Max sold out both years in 15 min or so.......If you get a ticket. get a crue together, and park together. The film crues travel all over and roll about 6-8 hours of raw video.......to cut down to about 30 min between 2 shows.
One good way to get on TV is to have a PINK'S ALL-Out vinyl on either your tailgate, hood or on your bed cover if you have one.
Remember Rich and the Willie cat both are Mopar nuts, and Ken is a chassis guy that likes good looking fast vehicle especialy trucks.

I will be at Z-Max.....watching one more year!!!!

They go on sale at noon tomorrow. Already have firefox with autofill loaded with all the information they have on the application. Just have to make sure I am home and ready at noon. I hope I get a ticket. haha

Duner
02-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Good luck and I hope to see the truck on TV!

The Pinks show filmed here in Phoenix picked 16 low 9-second cars. The Pinks show filmed in Tucson picked 16 12.50 cars/trucks. You never know what ET they will pick since they are usually just looking for the 16 closest in times.

1FASTASSR/T
02-01-2010, 10:35 AM

The Pinks show filmed here in Phoenix picked 16 low 9-second cars. The Pinks show filmed in Tucson picked 16 12.50 cars/trucks. You never know what ET they will pick since they are usually just looking for the 16 closest in times.

They do 32 here because we have the whole 4 lane thing going on:hail:

SB440R/T
02-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Yea, it is random, weird sometimes.

SB440R/T
02-01-2010, 01:01 PM
They do 32 here because we have the whole 4 lane thing going on:hail:

Lately they have been picking 32 anyway. the 16 underdogs and the other 16

mtlcafan79
02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Where is this race?

SB440R/T
02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Where is this race?

Maplegrove Raceway. Might have to see what I can run up there. There track opens late as hell though.

1FASTASSR/T
02-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Maplegrove Raceway. Might have to see what I can run up there. There track opens late as hell though.
Why don't you try VIR it's closer to you isn't it?....... maybe Dave will be done......nah, he might be ready for the 2011 shows.
Need to work on a half a dozen trucks all getting Tix next year.... here is a short list.

You (ADakotaRTGuy) 10.6-10.9
Dave D. (bad425rt) 10's
KJ (Rtspeeddemon)10.3-10.6
Chad (slammed) 9's???
Mike (heavyD)red Durango 10.5-10.9
Rob (uwntsumrtII) 11.2-11.8
Alan (grapejuice1998) 11.2-11.8
Joe (sick 660r) he has a blown 6 sp, mid to high 11's?
There might be a secret truck too
I am sure someone else will come to mind.......
Chime in fellas....:rockwoot:

SB440R/T
02-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Why don't you try VIR it's closer to you isn't it?....... maybe Dave will be done......nah, he might be ready for the 2011 shows.
Need to work on a half a dozen trucks all getting Tix next year.... here is a short list.

You (ADakotaRTGuy) 10.6-10.9
Dave D. (bad425rt) 10's
KJ (Rtspeeddemon)10.3-10.6
Chad (slammed) 9's???
Mike (heavyD)red Durango 10.5-10.9
Rob (uwntsumrtII) 11.2-11.8
Alan (grapejuice1998) 11.2-11.8
Joe (sick 660r) he has a blown 6 sp, mid to high 11's?
There might be a secret truck too
I am sure someone else will come to mind.......
Chime in fellas....:rockwoot:

That would be nice, but Maple Grove was about 80 miles away from me. I am down for a meet somewhere. VIR would be about a 5 hour drive for me. Might have to see.

1FASTASSR/T
02-02-2010, 02:00 AM
That would be nice, but Maple Grove was about 80 miles away from me. I am down for a meet somewhere. VIR would be about a 5 hour drive for me. Might have to see.

Maybe next year at Z-Max or VIR....that would be somewhere in the middle...kinda

SB440R/T
02-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Maybe next year at Z-Max or VIR....that would be somewhere in the middle...kinda

Its actually a 7 hour drive. Ah I dont know when I will if I ever will, would be a sweet experience I think.

1FASTASSR/T
02-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Its actually a 7 hour drive. Ah I dont know when I will if I ever will, would be a sweet experience I think.

One word......trailer!

SB440R/T
02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
One word......trailer!

Lots of works,

I don't have a trailer or another vehicle capable of pulling this rig. I know my co-worker has offered to trailer it to Cecil but I dont think I could convince him to drive to NC, haha.