PDA

View Full Version : Battery Relocation

WeezyRT
01-29-2010, 08:33 PM
I have just about everything I need to relocate my battery in the bed, except I dont have a tonneau cover. I've seen somebody put the battery under the bed (Pete I think) with no box, just leaving the battery "open". I imagine if thats fine, then I should be ok putting mine inside the bed without a tonneau cover, right? I have a battery box with a top which I would assume would keep any of the elements out of the box/away from the battery. Any input? Thanks.

2k1AmberR/T
01-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Should be fine in a box. I would personally wait for a tonneau but...it's not a huge deal I don't think. DJ Wolf had one under his bead without a box for a while also, hell it might still be there. Are you going to look fancy with your shut off in the roll pan, or hide it? Did you get the shit locally or did you order online?

sunike32
01-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Should be fine in a box. I would personally wait for a tonneau but...it's not a huge deal I don't think. DJ Wolf had one under his bead without a box for a while also, hell it might still be there. Are you going to look fancy with your shut off in the roll pan, or hide it? Did you get the shit locally or did you order online?

I'd wait until you get a tonneau cover, but that's just me. I'd be worried about someone stealing it more than anything...

Jason, don't forget that I will have a shit ton of 1/0 cable for you...

2k1AmberR/T
01-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I'd wait until you get a tonneau cover, but that's just me. I'd be worried about someone stealing it more than anything...

Jason, don't forget that I will have a shit ton of 1/0 cable for you...

Wasn't sure if you forgot about it or not, and I know you've got a lot of other stuff going on also. I'm not in any type of hurry :biggthumpup:

PeteRT
01-29-2010, 10:46 PM
I have just about everything I need to relocate my battery in the bed, except I dont have a tonneau cover. I've seen somebody put the battery under the bed (Pete I think) with no box, just leaving the battery "open". I imagine if thats fine, then I should be ok putting mine inside the bed without a tonneau cover, right? I have a battery box with a top which I would assume would keep any of the elements out of the box/away from the battery. Any input? Thanks.

if i drove mine in the elements, i would have looked at enclosing it. if i put it in the bed without a tonneau- a cheap plastic box wont hurt. not sure if i'd leave it open back there- should be ok, but there are some pretty cheap boxes out there. id buy one.

pete

R/T3
01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
I just had mine in my bed in a plastic box for little over a year before I got a tonneau and never had an issue.

WeezyRT
01-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the input guys.

Jason, a buddy of mine bought a kit from Summit and didnt use the box so Im using that and getting the cable from local parts store.

sunike32
01-30-2010, 05:53 AM

Jason, a buddy of mine bought a kit from Summit and didnt use the box so Im using that and getting the cable from local parts store.

Make sure you get some thick-ass cable!! I am upgrading to 1/0 on mine.

White Turbo
01-30-2010, 05:59 AM

I bought this one from Summit

http://dakotart.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2641&stc=1&d=1264834631

uwntsumrtII
01-30-2010, 06:32 AM
put it in the bed w/ the box. drill a couple hole on each side of the box and slap a couple pad locks on it if your worried about thievery.

WeezyRT
01-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Will do.

Thanks for the tips.