PDA

View Full Version : Injectors and Fuel Rails?

WeezyRT
03-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Not sure what size injectors I should go with. I plan on ditching the aux. injectors and just running big primaries. Ill be running a 408 with a Paxton. Probably on 16psi...maybe lower though, not sure if I wanna run that much boost. I dont want to blow it up again.

Also, what about the fuel rails...are the stock ones good enough, or should I upgrade them janks too?

bad360rt
03-13-2008, 02:50 AM
60# injectors should work for what you're doing. You can use the stock rails, but I'd suggest doing a full return fuel system. You can have AN fittings brazed onto the stock rails, or get aftermarket rails. If you want some nice aftermarket rails at a decent price, talk to Jerry at Superior Design:

www.superiordesignconcepts.com

I had a set of his rails on my old setup, and he did the EFI conversion for my Indy intake for the 425, came out great, I have a pic of it in my photobucket, but can't get to it cause it's block out here. Remind me and I'll post it up on Friday.

WeezyRT
03-13-2008, 02:59 AM
I have some pics of your old setup saved on my computer for references of other things. The rails you're talking about, are they on the truck in the pics you posted when you did all the graphite powdercoating?

bad360rt
03-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Yup, those were my first set of Jerry's rails. :biggthumpup:

WeezyRT
03-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Cool, thanks Dave.

WeezyRT
03-13-2008, 05:58 PM
What about upgrading the map sensor? Should I get a 2 bar?

Another thing, since Im ditching the aux injectors...is there somthing inparticular I should use to plug up where they used to be?

bad360rt
03-13-2008, 06:10 PM
What about upgrading the map sensor? Should I get a 2 bar?

Another thing, since Im ditching the aux injectors...is there somthing inparticular I should use to plug up where they used to be?

What are you using to tune it? 2bar map will only work with SCT or a standalone. But that's definitely the way to go.

Pipe plugs would work, you'd have to tap the holes tho, pretty easy.

WeezyRT
03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
What are you using to tune it? 2bar map will only work with SCT or a standalone. But that's definitely the way to go.

Pipe plugs would work, you'd have to tap the holes tho, pretty easy.

Yup, Im going with SCT. :biggthumpup:

Thanks again.