PDA

View Full Version : Log in drops out

pplhz03rt
03-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Log in drops out. Is there something that I can do to remedy that? Often this happens when I attempt to reply to a post, other times it is just random. Could it have anything to do with the sites cookies clearing themselves when I log out?

Five9Dak
03-31-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm having the same issue. Also in combination with this dropout when I use the new posts button it says I have to wait 10 secs to search, no matter what frequency I use it, it never works.

SinCity R/T
03-31-2008, 06:49 PM
The forum software needs to be able to save cookies (a small file) on your hard drive. This file saves your username and your last login information so the site can remember who you are as you're surfing through the pages, and also know what threads are new since your last visit.

If you're having issues with cookies, double-check that your browser's settings allow cookies for this site. You may also need to check your anti-virus/anti-spyware programs to make sure they're not being overly aggressive against cookies. If you're constantly having problems, I'd recommend trying to login to the site with a different internet browser application, or try a different computer if possible. If you can login with one computer but not another, you'll need to find out what's different about the systems.

Be careful about clicking other people's links... Internet browsers save their cookies based on the URL you're surfing - http://dakotart.com (without www.) and http://www.dakotart.com (with www.) are treated as two separate sites as far as cookies are concerned. If your cookies are saved for the URL with www. and click a link someone posted without www., the site will "forget" who you are until you set another cookie for the different URL.

Five9Dak
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I've tried changing all the settings I can, also sometimes new posts don't show up, I have an "unread" pm that I "read" everytime I log in and it still shows up. It won't stay logged in no matter if i click remember me or not. Also, dakota-durango.com works perfectly, I assum this is the same software, why the difference? I still think something is up with the site.

Five9Dak
09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Ok terrific. BTW I still have this problem on multiple browsers with multiple security settings and on different computers. Dak-dur has begun to do it too, so I'm starting to think its a problem with the software.