PDA

View Full Version : TWO in 2 minutes !

02 R/T KOTA
12-03-2009, 01:29 AM
I live & work in & all around NewPort Richey, FL i'm out & about cause i work for a commercial lighting company driving a bucket truck. wednesday or tuesday i saw a black cc R/T by embassy blvd & in that same area a intense Blue one which looked pretty nice. i never see many R/T around, anyone own these here ? oh yeah last week i saw this guy going down U.S 19 with a red cc rt pulling a lawn service trailer ! where was he when i was trying to sell or trade my 4x4 red cc dakota sport for a R/T.

02 R/T KOTA
12-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Ok something is going on cause today i was wiring some parking lot pole lights at countryside mall & at the sears garage there was a black R/T reg sitting there. some older biker looking dude with tats all over. talk to him a bit & told him about the site. he was all into telling me what he was going to do on his truck. it's weird i never hardly see R/T kotas around & in the last week i've seen a bunch !

BluRT00
12-04-2009, 03:17 PM
That's how it is down here in Cape Coral with spotting R/T's. I will go weeks sometimes months before I see another one. Then one day 2 months ago saw a yellow reg cab at wal-mart. Then coming from wal-mart going home saw a purple club cab. Got home put my stuff away, and get a call from a buddy saying he saw my truck. Well wasn't my truck cause it was sitting in the garage the whole time. Also realized I never come upon these R/T's when I am driving mine. Weird.

02 R/T KOTA
12-05-2009, 11:21 PM
And again today i saw a black R/T cc at a pizza joint on rowan road close to auto zone. i was looking for a rear seal for the R/T trans. must be something in the air ?

Bos-R/T
12-05-2009, 11:24 PM
And again today i saw a black R/T cc at a pizza joint on rowan road close to auto zone. i was looking for a rear seal for the R/T trans. must be something in the air ?

Yep Our trucks run better when its cooler outside.:jester:

02 R/T KOTA
12-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Yep Our trucks run better when its cooler outside.:jester:

yeah my Big Block 454 SS Nova use to run like a beast when it was cold !!!!

BluRT00
12-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Was 53 degrees this morning at 7 Am when I fired my R/T up and backed it out of the garage. I bet my neighbors hated hearing me take and start it up that early. :finger:

02 R/T KOTA
12-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Yesterday i was working on a sign 35' up in the bucket in inverness & herd some ( CRAP MUSIC ) Booming & turned & saw a Durango R/T ALL Lifted up & shit with some bigg ass 22" or more :puke: It looked F#$king hideous !!! why ? some people can really F-up a car/sports utility. to each is own i guess.

02 R/T KOTA
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I saw a copper R/T yesterday in newportrichey on us 19 or the day before with some custom work, front snipper i think. looked nice from across the RD. anyone here?

Intense RT
01-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Hell, I'll see a couple in a day around here. I'll do a quick wave because I can pretty much tell it's an R/T coming from up ahead. They don't even wave back, so I quit.

Bos-R/T
01-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Hell, I'll see a couple in a day around here. I'll do a quick wave because I can pretty much tell it's an R/T coming from up ahead. They don't even wave back, so I quit.

Yeah all r/t owners are a-holes.:jester:

Intense RT
01-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah all r/t owners are a-holes.:jester:They are arrogant and think they are "special". :biggthumpup:

Bos-R/T
01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
They are arrogant and think they are "special". :biggthumpup:

I am "special", I own an R/T.

02 R/T KOTA
01-11-2010, 12:12 AM

Yeah most of the guys driving them around here are clueless to what they have. kinda like back in the day when the guys had the old cuda's LS6 chevelles,SS/Z/28 Camaros & yeah i'll include the mustangs that i dislike but respect. Not saying these will be that collectible but they are rare not to many around. & no disrespect i really don't count the newer R/T Dakotas, they look to be cartoonish looking & no different then there SLT counterparts. I don't no much about them though. & the Dakota R/t did kinda start the truck performance thing or did the SS454 come first ? I do have a model of the Little Red express that i never put together, that was in the 70's & before that was another Dodge that i saw on Gearz TV that was a sport truck before there were sport trucks. can't remember what they called it.

Intense RT
01-11-2010, 03:20 AM
Yeah most of the guys driving them around here are clueless to what they have. kinda like back in the day when the guys had the old cuda's LS6 chevelles,SS/Z/28 Camaros & yeah i'll include the mustangs that i dislike but respect. Not saying these will be that collectible but they are rare not to many around. & no disrespect i really don't count the newer R/T Dakotas, they look to be cartoonish looking & no different then there SLT counterparts. I don't no much about them though. & the Dakota R/t did kinda start the truck performance thing or did the SS454 come first ? I do have a model of the Little Red express that i never put together, that was in the 70's & before that was another Dodge that i saw on Gearz TV that was a sport truck before there were sport trucks. can't remember what they called it.I think the first gen Lightning was in '93 and 454SS came out in '90.

Coolest, "wtf was that" car I've owned was an '87 Buick GN that was mint. Old lady hit me and totalled it. I got looks and questions from the younger guys in the late 90's as to what it was. They just didn't know.

vinsrt
01-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Was 53 degrees this morning at 7 Am when I fired my R/T up and backed it out of the garage. I bet my neighbors hated hearing me take and start it up that early. :finger:

haha so when I start mine up at 5:15 in the morning, to let it warm up for a few minutes before work, that might be a bad thing then?!? haha

vinsrt
01-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I think the first gen Lightning was in '93 and 454SS came out in '90.

Coolest, "wtf was that" car I've owned was an '87 Buick GN that was mint. Old lady hit me and totalled it. I got looks and questions from the younger guys in the late 90's as to what it was. They just didn't know.

I love them GNs, I was getting a bite to eat at hooters the other week with a buddy, had my truck out, when I left there was about 10 of them in the parking lot. They were all friends that had them and get up with each other once a month. Stopped to talk to them for a min, they all where pretty cool. A couple of them cars where pretty nasty...

BluRT00
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
haha so when I start mine up at 5:15 in the morning, to let it warm up for a few minutes before work, that might be a bad thing then?!? haha

Ya I would say if its as loud as mine then that's a sure bet. :jester:

vinsrt
01-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Ya I would say if its as loud as mine then that's a sure bet. :jester:

Haha yea.. gotta love them cold starts with the exhaust dumped under the bed :rockwoot:

02 R/T KOTA
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM
I think the first gen Lightning was in '93 and 454SS came out in '90.

Yeah those were nasty for there day, faster then any production car 1/4 wise at that time. It's funny cause guys my age in there 40's & around there alot of them not all don't seem to know alot about LS motors. most of them all have the 60's/70's muscle cars & think that they'll run away from me. i had a 30 over 454 Nova built & my 00 SS camaro would walk all over that baby. both had & have 410 gear but the SS in sixed gear does 70 at 1500 rpm :woot: LOL I had a guy with a 70 challenger 440 blow by me & he waited til i got next to him we hit it & i pulled a car quickly & shut it, he thought i sprayed him. i also had a 71 challenger at 15 & traded for a 125 yamaha DT. :doh: i kick my self now for that one ! dumbass KID LOL

vinsrt
01-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah those were nasty for there day, faster then any production car 1/4 wise at that time. It's funny cause guys my age in there 40's & around there alot of them not all don't seem to know alot about LS motors. most of them all have the 60's/70's muscle cars & think that they'll run away from me. i had a 30 over 454 Nova built & my 00 SS camaro would walk all over that baby. both had & have 410 gear but the SS in sixed gear does 70 at 1500 rpm :woot: LOL I had a guy with a 70 challenger 440 blow by me & he waited til i got next to him we hit it & i pulled a car quickly & shut it, he thought i sprayed him. i also had a 71 challenger at 15 & traded for a 125 yamaha DT. :doh: i kick my self now for that one ! dumbass KID LOL

2nd the LS series motors... I don't think that there has been a better line of motors from GM. Just crazy numbers those things put down, esp with a good cam and bolt ons...

02 R/T KOTA
01-12-2010, 02:07 AM
2nd the LS series motors... I don't think that there has been a better line of motors from GM. Just crazy numbers those things put down, esp with a good cam and bolt ons...

Yeah i put a mild cam patroit stage 2 heads ,headers intake & small other stuff & got 419whp torqe i don't remember but it was around 443 or more, now it's getting a custom made cam & new tune & some porting a guy that worked there had the same basic setup & made 470whp. so i'm hopeing i'll be around there plus i got 125 harris shot for shit ! :rockwoot: then i'm gonna start messing with this 360. want to wake this baby up some.

vinsrt
01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah i put a mild cam patroit stage 2 heads ,headers intake & small other stuff & got 419whp torqe i don't remember but it was around 443 or more, now it's getting a custom made cam & new tune & some porting a guy that worked there had the same basic setup & made 470whp. so i'm hopeing i'll be around there plus i got 125 harris shot for shit ! :rockwoot: then i'm gonna start messing with this 360. want to wake this baby up some.

Some good numbers.. Should run good. Post something up when you get her all done. Yea, I got hooked on trying to make the truck faster... lots of money haha I had to cut off doing stuff with this thing for a little while. It was just starting to get to be too much money. Maybe some king of supercharger or the spray in the fall :D good luck with the car!

BluRT00
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM

If you aren't on this site yet, check out www.need2speed.com Alot of LS engine freaks over there. Plus they are close to you and could give you pointers on who does their work. Also tips on different setups... Dan