PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!

20SilverDaks01
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Well after I found out thru Bad425RT that the R/T Club was accepting membership of NoN-R/T Dak's and Durango's, I decided to Join as well...

with a paid membership to Boot!...

I've been trying to locate a Silver R/T for quite sometime since I was unable to get one when they were New....

I bought a 2001 4x4 RC that I have been tinkering with since 2001, I found and purchased a 2002 RC 4X2 in Bright Silver a Couple years back to serve as a daily driver while I looked for a Dakota R/T......

Since all I found was Beat up and Smashed R/T's while I was looking, I finally decided it would be easier to just Mod my Work special out a little..

BryanRT360
03-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the site. Thanks for signing up:biggthumpup:

20SilverDaks01
03-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Well here is a Pic or two of my 2002 RC WS 4X2.....

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/ScSilverDak/Dacuda/pics002.jpg

AND here it is a Photo of it after my neighbor redesigned the back end!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/ScSilverDak/Dacuda/Febuary29Accident005.jpg

Here is what I have planned for it for this Spring and Summer...

Shaker Hood install....

Body work to repair all Body Damage....

Fresh Coat of PSB Bright Silver Metallic...

Set of 17x9 R/T rims I scored from a Salvage yard off a Totaled Durango R/T!

Chrome wheel skins....

Later on when funds permit....

Hotchkis TVS...

Shocks....

Brake Upgrade...

and 4.56's with a Mopar LSD unit....

bad360rt
03-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey Ron, good to see ya over here!

Make sure you check out the Nats section, this August in Detroit, it's gonna be a blast! :rockwoot:

20SilverDaks01
03-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey Ron, good to see ya over here!

Make sure you check out the Nats section, this August in Detroit, it's gonna be a blast! :rockwoot:

Thanks Dave!

that's the weekend after the All-Truck Nats in Carlisle, I'm probably gonna have to wait till next year on the R/T Nat's.....

so what comes with a paid membership over here, just curious??

bad360rt
03-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks Dave!

that's the weekend after the All-Truck Nats in Carlisle, I'm probably gonna have to wait till next year on the R/T Nat's.....

so what comes with a paid membership over here, just curious??

Right now you get access to club discounts with multiple vendors, discounted admission to the National Meet, you're eligible for club giveaways, and of course the giveaways at the National Meet (just so you know, if someone purchases a registration for the National Meet and their # gets picked for a prize, they still get it, they're just responsible for getting the prize home), and of course the normal membership package with sticker. We are still working on expanding membership benefits, so there will be more to come! :biggthumpup:

SinCity R/T
03-09-2008, 10:27 PM
n00b! :jester:

dak0ta_g33k
03-10-2008, 04:26 AM
welcome Ron!!!

chiller2484
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
welcome to the club!

RTdingo7
03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Welcome to the club Ron, as you can see others have 3.9L's as daily drivers, great dependiable truck. I installed Hotchkis TVS on my R/T and replaced stock supension on the 3.9 with R/T stuff, sure made a difference. :goodluck: with upgrades. Cheers

20SilverDaks01
03-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Welcome to the club Ron, as you can see others have 3.9L's as daily drivers, great dependiable truck. I installed Hotchkis TVS on my R/T and replaced stock supension on the 3.9 with R/T stuff, sure made a difference. :goodluck: with upgrades. Cheers

The R/T's in this area are hard to come by in decent shape, I had found a few Beat up R/T's including some that were "R" Title rebuilds that I passed on.

This 2002 showed up as a 1 owner on a Dealer's Used lot with 53,000 miles on it, it just needed a little work and since it was in such Nice shape I decided it would make a Really nice project to get me a Nice 2wd Dakota Toy that I had been wanting for a while....

I just talked to a Buddy tonight about the Repairs and he seems to think a couple days of Body work and another few days to Block sand it straight and I can have like new Dakota with Fresh body and paint work done...

I'm adding a Chrome Rear Bumper with the Painted body color inserts, since Westin sent me a Chrome Bumper in a Painted Bumper part numbered box...

I think I'm gonna add the Chrome upper front Bumper and Grille shell and a
set of Street Scene Mirrors when it gets it's make over.

I think I can have it back together by the End of April! :rockwoot::biggthumpup: