PDA

View Full Version : DMV stop now i have to fix or loss of registration

ThundeR/T
11-19-2009, 12:27 AM
so today i was cruising down the road in the r/t and all of a sudden theres a pig standing in the middle of the road with cones all over and a big orange sign saying DMV INSPECTION BE PREPARED TO STOP. i really wanted to give him this:jerkit: and be out:drive:.but unfortunetly i was unable to turn around now i have 2 codes for the cats,i just removed the one cat halfway under the truck,im not sure why im getting 2 cat codes but everything else passed.i have 45 days or they pull my registration from the truck and then will go at it with a fine tooth comb.where can i get a nice 3" Y pipe and what is recommended for cats and how many do i need to shut the 360 up?

please help anyone

SB440R/T
11-19-2009, 12:36 AM
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTO-6907/

3" cat

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-10798/

Y Pipe

ThundeR/T
11-19-2009, 12:39 AM
i was looking for something along the lines of my stock Y pipe but 3"pipe from the manifolds to the 2-1 part

Adobedude
11-19-2009, 12:43 AM
so today i was cruising down the road in the r/t and all of a sudden theres a pig standing in the middle of the road with cones all over and a big orange sign saying DMV INSPECTION BE PREPARED TO STOP. i really wanted to give him this:jerkit: and be out:drive:.but unfortunetly i was unable to turn around now i have 2 codes for the cats,i just removed the one cat halfway under the truck,im not sure why im getting 2 cat codes but everything else passed.i have 45 days or they pull my registration from the truck and then will go at it with a fine tooth comb.where can i get a nice 3" Y pipe and what is recommended for cats and how many do i need to shut the 360 up?

please help anyone

WTF?
Where do you live?

ThundeR/T
11-19-2009, 12:48 AM
good ol' new fu*king jersey:drillsergeant:

Adobedude
11-19-2009, 12:56 AM
good ol' new fu*king jersey:drillsergeant:

Damn...

EDIT: Move to New Mexico....Half the cars are unregistered, and the other half are probably stolen...

ThundeR/T
11-19-2009, 12:58 AM
does anyone know where i can get a nice 3" stock style Y pipe or will i have to trust midas?(i really want to do this myself i dont trust the shit shops with my vehicles

ThundeR/T
11-19-2009, 01:10 AM
lmao just what i need someone to steal my truck

Adobedude
11-19-2009, 01:13 AM
lmao just what i need someone to steal my truck

Easy fix, don't drive it....LOL

Car Jackings were so bad a couple years ago, the Chief of Police was warning people not to accesorize their cars...

ThundeR/T
11-19-2009, 01:14 AM
wow.but anyway what can i do about this pipe situation along with how many cats are needed to shut the computer up

Nolan
11-19-2009, 03:51 PM
wow.but anyway what can i do about this pipe situation along with how many cats are needed to shut the computer up

That depends on the year of the truck.

JBA sells a y-pipe, but it's only a 2 inch. I don't think anyone makes a 3 inch because the stock cast iron manifolds have a 2 inch or smaller flange.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/JBA-Headers/Product-Line/JBA-Headers-Y-Pipes/?autoview=SKU

Nolan

Hugh Jassole
11-19-2009, 04:41 PM

please help anyone

there's a way around this. PM me. I'm running 3" tru-duals, with gutted cats, and no CELs. That is the key, no CELs.

razman131
11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
i was looking for something along the lines of my stock Y pipe but 3"pipe from the manifolds to the 2-1 part

hit the iron triangle up there and grab some stuff off a C4C Dakota/Durango...

TurboBlew
11-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Damn...

EDIT: Move to New Mexico....Half the cars are unregistered, and the other half are probably stolen...

plus they have a bazillion of those ignition lock shops for the drunken indians! :D

hskr
11-19-2009, 11:49 PM
nEED TO KNOW WHAT MODEL YEAR r/t YOU HAVE.

Adobedude
11-20-2009, 12:07 AM
plus they have a bazillion of those ignition lock shops for the drunken indians! :D

The BIA employed injuns are the ones you have to look out for, the others are sleeping on the railroad tracks....Hence not a problem.

:jester:

98R/T360
11-20-2009, 02:50 AM
The BIA employed injuns are the ones you have to look out for, the others are sleeping on the railroad tracks....Hence not a problem.

:jester:

:jester: Isn't New Mexico wonderful? :jester:

ThundeR/T
11-20-2009, 03:05 AM
its a 2002

Adobedude
11-20-2009, 03:29 AM
:jester: Isn't New Mexico wonderful? :jester:

I love it...Where are you located?

98R/T360
11-20-2009, 03:44 AM
I love it...Where are you located?

I'm in lovely Grants, NM. About 80 miles west of Albuquerque. How about you?

BTLFED R/T
11-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Simms boxes! I have them and don't have CEL. And I have the full Spintech exhaust.

ThundeR/T
11-20-2009, 12:26 PM
must be nice to have deep pockets^ lol:jester:

Adobedude
11-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm in lovely Grants, NM. About 80 miles west of Albuquerque. How about you?

Corrales, NM
Just outside ABQ...

98R/T360
11-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Corrales, NM
Just outside ABQ...

:jester: That's cool. The last time I was in Corrales, I got a sick ass ticket. I was looking for this store my wife wanted to go to and ended up taking a wrong turn. Got busted going 65 in a 35. But I swear everyone else was going just as fast. The dude still gave me a ticket for like $180.00 and on top of that he wouldn't even give me directions to get where I was going. :jerkit:

dyno05
11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
You just need a sim box after the cat, if you have two cats, then 2 sims. No check engine no problems, at least in CT. I now have a race cat but left the sim , just in case. Also takes 5 minutes to put in.

Adobedude
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
:jester: That's cool. The last time I was in Corrales, I got a sick ass ticket. I was looking for this store my wife wanted to go to and ended up taking a wrong turn. Got busted going 65 in a 35. But I swear everyone else was going just as fast. The dude still gave me a ticket for like $180.00 and on top of that he wouldn't even give me directions to get where I was going. :jerkit:

That's Corrales for ya...And people wonder why I don't drive my R/T here.

Start it up = Sitting duck.

High dollar place to live, but I love it.

Is there a new stip in Farmington?

98R/T360
11-23-2009, 06:09 AM
That's Corrales for ya...And people wonder why I don't drive my R/T here.

Start it up = Sitting duck.

High dollar place to live, but I love it.

Is there a new stip in Farmington?

Not sure, I haven't been to farmington for a while now. Its like a 2 hour drive for me and I don't have much reason to go. Usually just head to ABQ when we want to do something.

Hugh Jassole
11-23-2009, 01:47 PM
You just need a sim box after the cat, if you have two cats, then 2 sims. No check engine no problems, at least in CT. I now have a race cat but left the sim , just in case. Also takes 5 minutes to put in.

no he doesn't. not on an 02. It'll probably cause more problems than it's worth anyway. The fornts should be in each down-pipe, and the rears should be zip tied to the framerail in the open air. He could even put 2 gutted dummy cats in, to pass visual too. That's the way mine is.

Intense RT
11-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Well you could get a set of spintech mid length headers and a 2.5" Y pipe to a 3" cat. Not sure you want to spend over a grand plus cat...exhaust to do it.:D Best bet would be JBA Y pipe , for your year, from manifolds to a single cat. It'll bolt up to the manifolds.

ThundeR/T
11-24-2009, 01:13 AM
thanks guys for the actual help. ed ill give you a call this week ive just been busy with some things:biggthumpup:

hotrodbob38
04-18-2010, 12:11 AM
If you ever see a checkpoint in NJ, NEVER turn around..
They ALWAYS have a cop stationed a 1/2 mile away in each direction from the checkpoint.
The cops at the checkpoint radio the other cars that you turned around.
The screwing that you will get is legendary!

Five9Dak
04-18-2010, 03:37 AM
I've turned off roads because of checkpoints and went the backway to avoid the hassle before. They didn't come chase me down. We don't have them for emission nazis in PA though.

Addicted2Blue00
04-18-2010, 05:53 AM
same here, i actually went through one just to do it since i never done it, all they want to see is license n insurance.

far as the cat codes pull the cat o2s out, plug the holes n put them in the frame

ThundeR/T
04-18-2010, 09:59 PM
did the "cheat" and its been good ever since i just fail now for hids and a tint strip across the front window lol

DARLOZ
10-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Tied to frame will get you busted in NJ. These pricks use mirrors to look under the vehicle. Anything not hooked up & they will burn you. There are different types of road side checks, all depends on which crew they have out that day, some just do registration others are full on equipment checks. I worked for a trucking company & we got nailed for a freaking radiator hose bracket being broken. Now that was just anal, $300 road service call to repair before they would let driver leave. We never had any problems in another state just NJ. :jerkit:

Hugh Jassole
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Tied to frame will get you busted in NJ. These pricks use mirrors to look under the vehicle. Anything not hooked up & they will burn you. There are different types of road side checks, all depends on which crew they have out that day, some just do registration others are full on equipment checks. I worked for a trucking company & we got nailed for a freaking radiator hose bracket being broken. Now that was just anal, $300 road service call to repair before they would let driver leave. We never had any problems in another state just NJ. :jerkit:

that hasn't been my experience. Mine's been through inspection 2x with the rears tied off, never had an issue.