PDA

View Full Version : Who it be?

DaPurpleRT
10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, my tuning guy has gone all negative on tuning my poor truck... Only option I see if the mail order tune route. Who is it I need to contact for that? It's been so long I've forgotten....

bad360rt
10-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Sean Powell, hemifever@aol.com :biggthumpup:

mtlcafan79
10-09-2009, 12:43 AM
After you're done pooping yourself on the first tune you'll wonder why you waited so long to email him.

bfranzel
10-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Sean Powell, hemifever@aol.com :biggthumpup:

thats who i got. i bought my sct friday and he had it in the mail the saturday. monday it was at my house. he is top of the line right now also he has a hell of a deal going now. :D

PeteRT
10-09-2009, 03:04 AM
what's the deal?

WhiteRT
10-09-2009, 04:07 AM
what's the deal?

375 for unlimited tunes for your current setup - IE I dont think he will tune you NA then tune you blown for that price.

Or like me, I wanst going to tune for awhile so I bought the handheld for 275 and going to pay him 100 bux later to tune it for me when I am ready.

I would get in on it before the price goes back to 500.

Todd

GoFastGray
10-09-2009, 06:41 AM
HE'S ALIVE! :notworthy:

Good to see you back. Hope you get the tuning all sorted out :biggthumpup:
I'm also getting tunes via Sean. Great guy to deal with.

2k1AmberR/T
10-09-2009, 07:15 AM
HE'S ALIVE! :notworthy:

Good to see you back. Hope you get the tuning all sorted out :biggthumpup:
I'm also getting tunes via Sean. Great guy to deal with.

Good to see him back? Isn't he the dude that sold a cam in good condition that showed up covered in rust? Bleh, fall back in your hole. That's fucked up.

GoFastGray
10-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Good to see him back? Isn't he the dude that sold a cam in good condition that showed up covered in rust? Bleh, fall back in your hole. That's fucked up.

Never heard that story?

2k1AmberR/T
10-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Never heard that story?

Yeah I had the pic saved up until recently.

dakfink
10-09-2009, 08:22 AM

Your point being???

Any used cam left out of an oil bath for more than a day is going to have surface rust on it.

I have 3 on my shelf at home that have surface rust from setting for over 3yrs. A lil WD-40 cleans it right off and your good to go.

mtlcafan79
10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
So much love on this board. Hah.

Since somebody else brough it up:

http://home.comcast.net/~seanmca79/cam2.jpg

WD40 was not gonna clean that up. Ryan took care of it. I still find the whole situation amusing though.

slvr03dakrt
10-09-2009, 02:53 PM
So much love on this board. Hah.

Since somebody else brough it up:

http://home.comcast.net/~seanmca79/cam2.jpg

WD40 was not gonna clean that up. Ryan took care of it. I still find the whole situation amusing though.

I'd run that cam it looks great I think the cam bearing and lifters will eat the rust off of it after a few thousand miles.:jester:

bfranzel
10-09-2009, 03:08 PM
lol thats shot out. i would have been pissed. that looks kinda deep!

2k1AmberR/T
10-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Your point being???

Any used cam left out of an oil bath for more than a day is going to have surface rust on it.

I have 3 on my shelf at home that have surface rust from setting for over 3yrs. A lil WD-40 cleans it right off and your good to go.

Generally I'd say you're a somewhat knowledgeable guy...but tell me you're going to take that pictured camshaft, spray some wd40 on it, and then wrap up your engine to 8k? Ok, genius...you win.

PeteRT
10-10-2009, 01:03 AM
375 for unlimited tunes for your current setup - IE I dont think he will tune you NA then tune you blown for that price.

Or like me, I wanst going to tune for awhile so I bought the handheld for 275 and going to pay him 100 bux later to tune it for me when I am ready.

I would get in on it before the price goes back to 500.

Todd
hmm, that is a good deal. i'll have to jump on it. whatta i ask him for... the todd special?
pete

mtlcafan79
10-10-2009, 01:18 AM
hmm, that is a good deal. i'll have to jump on it. whatta i ask him for... the todd special?
pete

You get charged full price for that one.

wyotech_cuda440
10-10-2009, 01:21 AM
pete

It's a deal being run by SCT. I'm not sure if it's still going, or how long it will go, but Sean was doing a canned tune for $275, or unlimited custom tuning for $375. I think PIE was also doing a good deal on the pro racer package if you want to tune your own. ALOT of people got in on these prices, just email Sean and see if the sale is still on. :biggthumpup:

Adobedude
10-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Generally I'd say you're a somewhat knowledgeable guy...but tell me you're going to take that pictured camshaft, spray some wd40 on it, and then wrap up your engine to 8k? Ok, genius...you win.

Being that his comment was "pre picture"...What's your point?

sunike32
10-10-2009, 03:16 AM
Being that his comment was "pre picture"...What's your point?

Back off...

Dakfink's "pre picture" post started with "Your point being..." as if he knew exactly of the situation... just sayin'.

Man, that was a funny thread when that all went down.

sunike32
10-10-2009, 03:18 AM

:jester: I thought it was funny too. I think you're right about Ryan taking care of it so welcome back :biggthumpup:

Another funny one I remember was I think Brian waiting for parts that good ol' Sammy had (I could be way wrong, I forget now...). But there was a picture posted of a box that showed up that looked like Ace Ventura handled it, and the shit inside was all burned up. I don't mind Brian at all, but the pictures cracked me up :jester:

PeteRT
10-10-2009, 03:27 AM
lol, the shit box.. that was pretty damn funny.
pete

bfranzel
10-10-2009, 05:58 AM
It's a deal being run by SCT. I'm not sure if it's still going, or how long it will go, but Sean was doing a canned tune for $275, or unlimited custom tuning for $375. I think PIE was also doing a good deal on the pro racer package if you want to tune your own. ALOT of people got in on these prices, just email Sean and see if the sale is still on. :biggthumpup:

i just bought the unlimited custom tunes for 375 from sean last friday. super charger went on today, and tommarow i should be up and running the sct! :biggthumpup: