PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys doing over the winter

redwall17
09-28-2009, 01:51 AM
hey guys wondering what everyone is doing over the winter

me well I hope I can get my belltech stuff and then maybe a supercharger

uwntsumrtII
09-28-2009, 11:45 AM
-get the drivers side head off for repair. pin hole water leak in the exhaust port.
-trans out for a refresh. 2-3 shift slips pretty bad.
-upgrade the cooling system. new rad and e-fan.
-upgrade the brakes. some nice pads and rotors.
-get the hood repainted.
-decals for the hood and tail.

-VERY tempted to upgrade the cam. but that can be a $$$ mod. cam, timming chain, springs, dyno time.... ~$800-1000

redwall17
09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
-get the drivers side head off for repair. pin hole water leak in the exhaust port.
-trans out for a refresh. 2-3 shift slips pretty bad.
-upgrade the cooling system. new rad and e-fan.
-upgrade the brakes. some nice pads and rotors.
-get the hood repainted.
-decals for the hood and tail.

-VERY tempted to upgrade the cam. but that can be a $$$ mod. cam, timming chain, springs, dyno time.... ~$800-1000

holy moly well hope you get it all done

Adobedude
09-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Last winter:
Pulled motor
Swapped the 46RE for a 727
installed TA Cheatah shifter
Removed AC & heat
Had a Detroit Locker installed
Installed monleafs and Caltracs

This winter:
Nothing. :rockwoot:

EDIT: Might finish the aluminum Tonneau cover, gut the tailgate so it's only a shell...& remove every single ounce of anything I can.

razman131
09-28-2009, 02:54 PM
if the house and tax man(Obamy and Kalifornia) dont get the $$$$$$$ first...

-new trans
-gears and install locker
-heads
-new cam
-four new tires
-clay bar
-ghost flames

---- build 408/410 short block

redwall17
10-01-2009, 04:04 AM
if the house and tax man(Obamy and Kalifornia) dont get the $$$$$$$ first...

-new trans
-gears and install locker
-heads
-new cam
-four new tires
-clay bar
-ghost flames

---- build 408/410 short block

nice hope it happens

GoFastGray
10-01-2009, 05:00 AM
Just installed blower and i have no chance of snow. So probably this --> :burnout: :jester:

-front QA1's
-paint dash/mount gauges

that's about it

ddrango
10-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Im hoping to work on my center console design, get a bare block all machined and done and mount it in my room on the engine stand to start my long engine build, and new wheels/tires.

krusty_R/T
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Probably sell :(

razman131
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Probably sell :(

:nono::rtfm::eek2::angrywife:

krusty_R/T
10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
:nono::rtfm::eek2::angrywife:
LOL, I know. I don't want to, but for the betterment of my future financial situation, it's almost necessary.

hskr
10-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Putting on my snow tires and driving it.

Rtspeeddemon
10-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Not a damn thing no mo money ever going into the truck. Leave as is!!!!!! :hail:

GrimRT
10-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Not a damn thing no mo money ever going into the truck. Leave as is!!!!!! :hail:

Famous last words :jester:

Wolf360rt
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM
727 swap for sure on the Dakota.
And then get my A$$ rolling on my Barracuda and get it set as a roller..

Addicted2Blue00
10-05-2009, 07:14 AM
pull motor n trans. for the motor, strip it back down to the short block, have the heads ported, cam degreed, and some powder coatin with new exhaust. trans have a performance rebuild.

Rtspeeddemon
10-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Famous last words :jester:

Hey its the truth got to stop this money pit drain. Running this weekend at the track to try and better my time then thats it. Can't go faster without an R3 block and that ain't happening.

Jamie Black R/T
10-06-2009, 06:08 PM
hey guys wondering what everyone is doing over the winter

Putting the truck under a cover and parking it in the back of my building.

I usually spend the winter calling in and killing coyotes for fun...wont be long till i can let the AR bark again :finger:

Adobedude
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey its the truth got to stop this money pit drain. Running this weekend at the track to try and better my time then thats it. Can't go faster without an R3 block and that ain't happening.

I'd like to get a forged rotating assembly, maybe a 408. Ain't gonna happen.
If I do anything it's to pull out weight...That's cheap.

Maybe....think about the safety issue a bit...5 point harness etc. Roll bar would be nice, I know I don't need one according to the NHRA rules, but I have to adhere to the WIFE rules.

jmaack727
10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I was hoping to buy a paxton after graduating college and getting a job. Maybe I will land one soon. If I do then that will hopefully be my next mod along with an SCT tuner.

redwall17
10-08-2009, 05:05 AM

I usually spend the winter calling in and killing coyotes for fun...wont be long till i can let the AR bark again :finger:

what nothin come on did you get the hotchiks in yet

2k1AmberR/T
10-08-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm driving mine this winter!!!

I'd like to drop it a bit more with a c-notch, get some near rear rotors, find a center console or at least the bezel and lid since I have the rest. That's about all I can think of that's realistic.

Jamie Black R/T
10-09-2009, 12:17 AM
what nothin come on did you get the hotchiks in yet

ill do that next spring while the snow melts

whats the hurry...ill have the truck forever :woot:

bad360rt
10-09-2009, 12:23 AM
I'll probably still be trying to get mine on the road LOL Hopefully I have it on the road by winter time, then my projects will be to get the nitrous setup finished, and maybe a floor shifter. Then just drive it and enjoy it for a while. :D

slvr03dakrt
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Mine is to drive it :drive: I don't really have any future mods lined up b/c I found it pointless in my daily driver to go completely over the top. I am actually very happy where my truck is as far as speed, handling, and relibility. Maybe once I get a few thousand for a daily driver it will be time for a bigger cam and try and get around 450-475 rwhp n/a. I think I may be done with the nitrous.

20SilverDaks01
10-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I have a few cosmetic mods lined up for both my Dakotas from Darren Alcorn at Sidewinder Customs, do a little color matching of some of the interior pieces, the R/T needs 4 new tires as the Falkens are junk that are on it.

and the 4x4 will get a shaved and smoothed tailgate this spring....

Five9Dak
10-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Bolt my snow tires on.

hskr
10-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Well, since it snowed last night and is still snowing, does that mean winter started for me?? If so, then I will be doing some cosmetic mods over the weekend, and next week will be tackling re-doing the M1 gasket, and re-routing some of my engine harness.

Jamie Black R/T
02-01-2010, 11:29 PM

told ya! LOL

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/inutero_18/DSC05830.jpg

Adobedude
02-01-2010, 11:46 PM
told ya! LOL

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/inutero_18/DSC05830.jpg

I saw it move....Shoot it again...

Fucking Coyotes.

Rtspeeddemon
02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Absolutely nothing! No more money going into this truck.

Rick Adams
02-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Absolutely nothing! No more money going into this truck.

Famous last words :D

Corey
02-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Wash it once a week, vacuum every-other wash, refill the gas tank, and swap out CD's every few days.

-Sllight exhaust leak.
-Left front suspension squeaking real good. Does it when I wiggle the steering wheel at a stand-still. Gotta grease the Hotchkiss Zerk Fittings.
-Install multiple inner bed tie downs. 5 folding ones down the center of the bed, and 4 along each lower inside wall.
-Rhino-Line the bed this spring after tie-down install.
-Install new TA Rear Diff Cover when it arrives.
-Firm up all trans shifts. It's gotta hit a little to make the trans last longer.

Winter? What's that? Oh yes, that's when the mountains have that white stuff on them, right? :jester:

Canadian RT
02-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Drive her with no winters on her because i dont want to spend the money and it hasnt been real bad this winter. But i am buying lots of parts, M1, TB, Round intake, SCT and maybe a hood. I will prob buy some paint to get matching door handles, tailgate and mirrors (might buy some stock datoka ones, mine look way to big and giggle around over bumbs) but all that will happen over the spring / summer

low&slow
02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
not to much here goin sledding got to ride something fast in this winter wonderland was thinking whats better supercharge or turbo or other mods for a very quick truck

Rick Adams
02-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Still plugging away at the R/T ( Red Truck :D ) getting closer to firing up!

http://i50.tinypic.com/1z18g9k.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/33uykgx.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2isckuw.jpg

Corey
02-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Very Nice. You still keeping the 318 it came with?

My '73 Powerwagon 360 will be for sale soon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/CoreyClough/Truck%20Pics/Truck.jpg

low&slow
02-07-2010, 01:35 PM
hey canadianrt i got 4 bf goodrich scorch t/a tires on my r/t like to sell they look good on your red r/t

hskr
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM
hey canadianrt i got 4 bf goodrich scorch t/a tires on my r/t like to sell they look good on your red r/t

Wow, didn't know anyone still had any of those with tread still on them. Not trying to jack your post, but those have to have a few years on them and might be getting close to the shelf life. I had a set of the blue ones on my '99 back in 2001 when they first came out.

Rick Adams
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Very Nice. You still keeping the 318 it came with?

My '73 Powerwagon 360 will be for sale soon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/CoreyClough/Truck%20Pics/Truck.jpg

Look a little closer at the engine shot, it's a 2000 5.9 out of a rolled R/T.
And all Little Red Express trucks ( its a real one ) came with 360 4bbl motors :biggthumpup:

bad360rt
02-07-2010, 11:43 PM
And all Little Red Express trucks ( its a real one ) came with 360 4bbl motors :biggthumpup:

Looks right at home in there Rick!

I still haven't gotten a chance to work on the R/T, gonna have to make it happen before Spring gets here!

I did pick up another Dak tho, 2002 4x4 CC, my new daily :biggthumpup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bad360rt/DSC04958.jpg

Corey
02-08-2010, 01:57 AM

Sorry about that. I looked further and see the newer intake. How could I have missed that? I guess I was jumping to conclusions, which is about all the exercize I get now-a-days.

Rick Adams
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Looks right at home in there Rick!

I still haven't gotten a chance to work on the R/T, gonna have to make it happen before Spring gets here!

I did pick up another Dak tho, 2002 4x4 CC, my new daily :biggthumpup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bad360rt/DSC04958.jpg

Nice Dave; it looks like you're needing that four wheel drive!

Canadian RT
02-08-2010, 09:03 PM

I am not really looking for any tires or that. I had rt rims with 2 tires that are 1 summer old and 2 that should be swaped out for some slicks this summer for the rt. I had a 99 sport and some guy ran a red on my way to school and totaled it, but at least his car looked way worse then the truck. So i already got 2 sets and the ones on the truck i don't really like but because they look like off road tires but they are not bad for the winter.

lowlife
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I want a bigger cam for my 408, bigger TB (running a 52 on a 408) and i'd like an SCT(currently Tom Fox flash. And if i can get rid of my 07 1/2 ton ram, ill be buying an R/T

low&slow
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
hey hskr thats ok they are new they only have about 3000 miles on them bought 2008 the red dont look godd with two tone black and burnt orange

low&slow
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
ok can r/t they got like 3000 miles on them red dont go good with my truck

Canadian RT
02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
If you could send me a picture of them that would be great

dakrt23
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Its actually been a relatively busy winter so far for me, not that winter slows me down at all since we just get a few raindrops and then winter is declared "over" at that point... but here is what i have got done lately, and things to come before i leave for europe in april... and after i get back...

Rebuilt entire front end with all new Moog ball joints, tie rods, tie rod ends, sway end links, ES Black upper/lower bushings, fresh alignment to hotchkis specs, and generally greasing the hell outta everything.. ABSOLUTELY one of the best things i have ever done to this truck, it drives like a MUCH newer car now, best money i have spent on this thing in a WHILE...

Viper seats are in... still gotta find a way to mount my current sub boxes behind them without sacrificing all this new-found legroom i have, or maybe have custom thinner boxes made...

swapped from KN Gen 2 to a 14x4 open element with a new reflexxions hood with shaved emblem...

entire tune up, plugs, cap, rotor, new MSD wires, sea foam, oil change, etc...

Got the TA girdle diff, whenever that gets here, probably paint it flat black so it doesnt stand out on my stock diff too much...

Hopefully can swing a rear ES Black bushing swap for the leafs/shackles and C-notch before i go, but probably not...

when i come back, truck is getting all paint/body work done, which consists of shaving/painting a few more things, getting some body panel fitment adjustments done and fixing some minor damage/overspray here and there, along with a color sand/buff and polishing till my dual orbital buffer explodes...

then its time for more power...my stocker is definitely tiiiirreeddd... probably build a very solid magnum based 408 stroker all forged 9.0 to 1 motor with shady dell eddys, 4 barrel, PATC/MSaine trans, swap to 4.10 gears... then have a single turbo setup built... maybe swap wheels to something wider/meaner... will still be CCWs for sure though... viper brakes when that kit comes back around again...

buy another 1000RR when i get back... or a roller 67-69 dart of some sort to drop a blown 6.1 hemi / 6 speed in... or both... gotta figure that out when i come back...

thats all i got!