PDA

View Full Version : Powerdyne Cog Setup

SuperDakota
09-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Does anyone make the lower cog crank pulley for our trucks , Ive looked and cant find anyone , I can find the SC pulley and tensioner but not the crank ....Thanks guys

WhiteRT
09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Does anyone make the lower cog crank pulley for our trucks , Ive looked and cant find anyone , I can find the SC pulley and tensioner but not the crank ....Thanks guys

Why you would waste the time or $$$ on a powerdyne doing a cog???

My other question is how do you plan on running the belt around the AC/PS/Alt - you need cogs for those as well.

I would spend your $$$ on a better supercharger kit or a turbo setup. To have all those pullies made would cost you more than A.) Powerdyne setup is worth B.) Upgrading to a better SC kit or turbo.

AND there is noone who makes a cog pulley kit for a 5.9 motor.

Todd

SuperDakota
09-24-2009, 08:35 PM
I know the powerdyne SC are not top of the line , But it works good other than the belt slipping , But ill get that worked out , Just dont have the cash to buy a $5000 Sc right now , So ill make this work for now , I ll just make my own Pulley setup , Im only gonna run the blower pulley from the crank to the SC with an idler pulley/ tensioner ....Thanks for the input

WhiteRT
09-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I know the powerdyne SC are not top of the line , But it works good other than the belt slipping , But ill get that worked out , Just dont have the cash to buy a $5000 Sc right now , So ill make this work for now , I ll just make my own Pulley setup , Im only gonna run the blower pulley from the crank to the SC with an idler pulley/ tensioner ....Thanks for the input

Well the SC kits are not 5 K --- Rich is selling his ATI for 2K right now. There was a vortech for 1100. You can get NEW single turbo kits for 2600.

The powerdyne lacks everywhere (I ran one for a year - did OK but shit an internal belt). Also the bracketry is REALLY substandard. The plastic intake and discharge tubes SUCK (mine split). And of course the belt slip problem.

My opinion was even after you do all the work you are still stuck with a mediocre at best head unit and rest of the kit.

I am not trying to piss in your cheerios - just giving you my personal experiences with the powerdyin.

Todd