PDA

View Full Version : supercharger and pcm?

mike98rt
08-20-2009, 02:08 AM
is it ok to run the mopar performance pcm with a supercharger, i dont see where it would hurt, nothing crazy just minor bolt ons and a pro charger, turns out i need a pcm and im trrying to think ahead, thanks

WhiteRT
08-20-2009, 02:38 AM
is it ok to run the mopar performance pcm with a supercharger, i dont see where it would hurt, nothing crazy just minor bolt ons and a pro charger, turns out i need a pcm and im trrying to think ahead, thanks

You will need a timing retard unit for sure - or just buy a stock pcm and tune it the correct way with the SCT setup.

Todd

mike98rt
08-20-2009, 02:49 AM
yea i have a msd box and fmu with the procharger i just want to know if it be worth getting the mopar performance or just get a factory so i can tune otherwise down the road, i dont wannna get it then have to get rid of it because i have tuning issues with the supercharger

Five9Dak
08-20-2009, 02:56 AM
If you want to use the retard box it makes more sense to use the mopar pcm as your base tune for more timing in the NA operating regions, then just pull a bit more than you normally would in boost. Should have more torque out of the hole that way.

mike98rt
08-20-2009, 02:58 AM
so it be ok to run the supercharger with the mopar performance and msd retard? and where do you get the mopar performance pcms

dakfink
08-20-2009, 06:56 AM
with SCT available, running a Perf. PCM with a Retard box and FMU is like going back in time. Almost going back to a carb.

Do yourself a huge favor and invest the extra money in SCT and just get a factory PCM.

You'll be glad you did.

Five9Dak
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I was under the impression you already had all the parts in question. Save your coin for a "real" SCT tune if you plan on keeping the boost below 14psi.

dakotapimpc
08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
yes go w sct especially since you can get them for dirt cheap now