PDA

View Full Version : Billet pump controller for A1000 pump

bad360rt
03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Who's running one? Who's running an Aeromotive A1000 pump without one? Just curious. Their site says it's recommended for street applications to help prolong pump life.

Looks like I'll have some more stuff for sale soon, gonna redo some of my fuel stuff, hopefully for the last time LOL

Lederip
03-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Who's running one? Who's running an Aeromotive A1000 pump without one? Just curious. Their site says it's recommended for street applications to help prolong pump life.

Looks like I'll have some more stuff for sale soon, gonna redo some of my fuel stuff, hopefully for the last time LOL

You need to buy a controller if you run on the street!! Kris Burl burnt his A1000 up when he ran without one. I run the controller and A1000
Ken

uwntsumrtII
03-02-2008, 11:34 PM
nuther item i need before my pump burns up. but i have a lil over 3000 miles of mostly street on my pump.

bad360rt
03-03-2008, 12:59 AM
You need to buy a controller if you run on the street!! Kris Burl burnt his A1000 up when he ran without one. I run the controller and A1000
Ken

That's what I figured, just wanted to check. Adding the controller to the list, should have just done this fuel setup to begin with, oh well.

blk00rt
03-03-2008, 01:03 AM
I run one with my pump though I do not have too many street miles on my truck yet..
Dunn

GrimRT
03-03-2008, 03:02 AM

Do yourself a favor and buy a magnafuel pump, it will save you alot of headaches, you don't need to drop the voltage for street use, and they have excellent customer service.

bad360rt
03-03-2008, 03:47 AM
Do yourself a favor and buy a magnafuel pump, it will save you alot of headaches, you don't need to drop the voltage for street use, and they have excellent customer service.

Which one are you running? The 625 series looks good, supports 1,500hp. So no problems running these on the street?

GrimRT
03-03-2008, 03:55 AM
http://www.magnafuel.com/products/efi/pumps/MP-4301.htm

bad360rt
03-03-2008, 05:04 AM
http://www.magnafuel.com/products/efi/pumps/MP-4301.htm

That's the one I was looking at :) You'd think it would have -10 fittings on it tho, for that kind of hp. What size feed line are you running with it? I wanted to do a -10 feed line, to make sure I had enough fuel for the engine and nitrous. Guess I could always change the fittings on it.

6speedrt
03-03-2008, 05:05 AM
Well that answers that, I had the same question. One other one though. For the rules, is it the regulator or the y block that has to be 6 inches away from the firewall or something like that?

Thanks,

bad360rt
03-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Well that answers that, I had the same question. One other one though. For the rules, is it the regulator or the y block that has to be 6 inches away from the firewall or something like that?

Thanks,

I don't have the rulebook with me, but I believe the regulator needs to be mounted at least six inches away from the firewall. I've never gotten pinged on it, but with the new setup I'll be mounting both regulators away from the fireway, probably on the passenger side since I have lots of room freed up now without the blower/intercooler :)

GrimRT
03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
That's the one I was looking at :) You'd think it would have -10 fittings on it tho, for that kind of hp. What size feed line are you running with it? I wanted to do a -10 feed line, to make sure I had enough fuel for the engine and nitrous. Guess I could always change the fittings on it.

I am running -10 in and then directly to a y-block then -8 to the rails.

bad360rt
03-03-2008, 06:47 PM
I am running -10 in and then directly to a y-block then -8 to the rails.

So were you able to swap fittings on the pump, or did you have to run a -10 to -8 adapter? Thanks!

White Turbo
03-03-2008, 07:50 PM

Thanks,

2008 General Regs. Page 62.. 1:5 Fuel systems.

"Cool cans, fuel distribution blocks,etc. must be located at least 6 inches forward of the flywheel/bell housing area on RWD vehicles. Fuel pressure gauge isolators, with steel braided line, may be mounted on firewall."

If you look at where the bellhousing area is,,, the wiper cowl area of the firewall on our trucks is already 6 in. forward of that area. So you could mount to the cowl area and be legal.
Also.... Steel braided or steel fuel lines are mandatory when running past the Flywheel/Bellhousing area of the tranny.

bad360rt
03-03-2008, 08:46 PM
2008 General Regs. Page 62.. 1:5 Fuel systems.

"Cool cans, fuel distribution blocks,etc. must be located at least 6 inches forward of the flywheel/bell housing area on RWD vehicles. Fuel pressure gauge isolators, with steel braided line, may be mounted on firewall."

If you look at where the bellhousing area is,,, the wiper cowl area of the firewall on our trucks is already 6 in. forward of that area. So you could mount to the cowl area and be legal.
Also.... Steel braided or steel fuel lines are mandatory when running past the Flywheel/Bellhousing area of the tranny.

Maybe that's why I've never been hassled for having it on the cowl. Good to know.

uwntsumrtII
03-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Maybe that's why I've never been hassled for having it on the cowl. Good to know.

i've never been hassled either.