PDA

View Full Version : Finally i did it!!!

rhurley
08-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Well i did it! 13.949@96. Cut a 1.9 60'. BUt it should be running faster. haha Still spinning just a bit. BUt hey im glad i can say i ran a 13

ghostrt03
08-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Congrats man...im glad you finally got her running right! IT FEELS GOOD DOESNT IT?

rhurley
08-04-2009, 12:11 AM
haha o NO! it only runs right with nitrous! w/o it still runs a 17.5 something is still wrong. but il get her figured out

Five9Dak
08-04-2009, 12:19 AM
LOL wut?

I would stop running the juice until you get that thing in the 15s NA or you're going to break something.

grapejuice1998
08-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Keep in mind where he races.

EDIT: You're right, my bad.

Rtspeeddemon
08-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Congrats!!!!

G-Man
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
haha o NO! it only runs right with nitrous! w/o it still runs a 17.5 something is still wrong. but il get her figured out

I had a similar lack of power problem, I had no Idea what was wrong, (no codes at all) then one day I got a O2 code, I disconnected the wire to the 1-2 sensor to make sure I had the right one, and it must have beeen 30 or 40 HP stronger, put a new O2 in and now no "lack of power" problem anymore, hope this helps, you may want to put a scanner on it and check your fuel trims and O2 sensor voltages,
Gwyn

01dakotaR/T
08-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I had a similar lack of power problem, I had no Idea what was wrong, (no codes at all) then one day I got a O2 code, I disconnected the wire to the 1-2 sensor to make sure I had the right one, and it must have beeen 30 or 40 HP stronger, put a new O2 in and now no "lack of power" problem anymore, hope this helps, you may want to put a scanner on it and check your fuel trims and O2 sensor voltages,
Gwyn

whats the correct fuel trim supposed to be??

G-Man
08-06-2009, 08:51 PM
whats the correct fuel trim supposed to be??

On mine the long term fuel trim runs from about 0 to -7.0, when you reset the pcm it resets the adaptives, so it will read the LT Trim for a while then adapt that out, and start trimming again from that point(at least that's how I understand it) The ST TRIM and LT TRIM should be real close between left and right bank, and no more than 10% + or -
Gwyn

rhurley
08-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Gwyn

hmmm. sounds interesting. Explain a little more. So was running slow... Unpluged the o2 sensor and ran faster? was teh sensor bad? and im not throwing any codes.

G-Man
08-07-2009, 01:40 PM
hmmm. sounds interesting. Explain a little more. So was running slow... Unpluged the o2 sensor and ran faster? was teh sensor bad? and im not throwing any codes.

Oh Yes the sensor was bad, that O2 sensor was the best "mod" I have done. get yourself a scan tool, learn how to use it, It will pay off in the long run,
Gwyn

rhurley
08-08-2009, 12:40 AM
I have sct. they say they scan.

Intense RT
08-08-2009, 01:46 AM
I have sct. they say they scan.Only for diagnostic codes though. No real time data.

G-Man
08-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I have sct. they say they scan.

X2 what Intense said, you need a tool that will show you "Live Data" I got mine from Advance Auto, got it on sale for like $140. it records data too, its kind of nice to hit record make a run then go back and see what the PCM was doing. I do think if I had that tool earlier I would have found that O2 problem, if you don't want to buy one I would find a mechanic to hook his up and just see if anything looks wrong, Gwyn

G-Man
08-08-2009, 04:13 PM

Ok I will try to expain more, bought the truck,drove home 500m. , next day Ist start BLEW UP, repaired engine, Back on the road BUT I have no baseline whatsoever, I thoght it was ok while breaking it in, soon found out it was down on power, ran 10.2 in the 1/8 mile, ran that way for 4 months I checked everthing I knew to, then O2 code, fixed , then 9.6 1/8 mile, wow that's half a second.
WHEW !
gwyn
PS since than run 9.2x, but (your gonna hate this) DA was 1100ft. below sea level.