autoXer47
07-27-2009, 03:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR7hXtkp5z8

BryanRT360
07-27-2009, 04:20 AM
cool vid:biggthumpup:

Jontoad
07-27-2009, 04:29 AM
awesome. its fun to be different. trucks and big cars are fun to watch. all we have at our autox's are crap loads of STI's, and EVO's.

there are like 2 96 impalla ss's that run here and they are fun to see too.

ddrango
07-27-2009, 04:46 AM
You are like...my role model when it comes to autox. You just really made me feel like I can't do it now...lol. You can really control that thing and damn are you going fast.

GoFastGray
07-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Very nice vid :biggthumpup:

BluRT00
07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
One day you will have to list what mods you have done to yours. Awesome video and sexy ass truck. :rockwoot:

autoXer47
07-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Interior,
Removed radio and all speakers
Replaced seats with Cobra racing seat (passenger seat w/bracket 11lbs, drivers seat w/bracket around 15-20lbs)

Under the hood,
70mm TB
Intense stage 3 intake
removed AC unit
replaced battery with lightweight Odyssey drycell

Suspension,
Hotchkis front and rear
front coils have been cut down for 3" total drop
rear has been droped 3 1/2" total
QA1's
Brakes are EBC rotor with Hawk HP+ (I will be updating 03/04 brakes this winter)
rear are 11" drums with Porterfield pads

Race weight is 3495 w/o driver.

Jontoad
07-29-2009, 01:53 AM
335/35/17 Kumho V710's

^^^^mod that matters most.

2k1AmberR/T
07-29-2009, 02:29 AM
^^^^mod that matters most.

Untrue. The mod that matters most is the driver :rockwoot:

Although, those tires probably do help a good bit. Just wait, one day when you're near D.C. I'm going to show you how a rookie gets it done, with a very similar looking truck ( :goodluck: ) hahaha...I've never actually done any auto-x although I'd LOVE to...waiting for that TKO swap first, and an x-brace (that's going to be tough for me unless I can send some funds to HipoTek).

2k1AmberR/T
07-29-2009, 02:31 AM
Interior,
Removed radio and all speakers
Replaced seats with Cobra racing seat (passenger seat w/bracket 11lbs, drivers seat w/bracket around 15-20lbs)

Under the hood,
70mm TB
Intense stage 3 intake
removed AC unit
replaced battery with lightweight Odyssey drycell

Suspension,
Hotchkis front and rear
front coils have been cut down for 3" total drop
rear has been droped 3 1/2" total
QA1's
Brakes are EBC rotor with Hawk HP+ (I will be updating 03/04 brakes this winter)
rear are 11" drums with Porterfield pads

Race weight is 3495 w/o driver.

You'll LOVE those 03/04 brakes. Really, they're about to blow your mind. Mine were so good they locked up on accident (I don't have front ABS). Very worthwhile mod. Don't you have monoleafs in the rear, or didn't you at one point? Or was that the previous owner of your truck (it was sold fairly recently, wasn't it?) Also, which QA1's are they? Have a part number?

mtlcafan79
07-29-2009, 02:58 AM
You guys all missed the Grady era over on Delphi. He had tons of stories like this. I think he frustrated quite a few porsches on road courses.

one day when you're near D.C.

I used to race with Autocrossers Inc a lot two years ago. You missed it. I kept beating up on this WRX in my class. I'm sure it drove him nuts.

autoXer47
07-29-2009, 03:30 AM
You'll LOVE those 03/04 brakes. Really, they're about to blow your mind. Mine were so good they locked up on accident (I don't have front ABS). Very worthwhile mod. Don't you have monoleafs in the rear, or didn't you at one point? Or was that the previous owner of your truck (it was sold fairly recently, wasn't it?) Also, which QA1's are they? Have a part number?

I hate the brakes on my 03, I have the same setup as the 00 and the 00 will way out brake the 03. Of course the 00 is alot lighter. Yes there were monoleafs on it for a short time, it had terrible wheelhop with them on there so Jason took them off. I've own the truck for around 2 years now.

2k1AmberR/T
07-29-2009, 03:36 AM
You guys all missed the Grady era over on Delphi. He had tons of stories like this. I think he frustrated quite a few porsches on road courses.

I used to race with Autocrossers Inc a lot two years ago. You missed it. I kept beating up on this WRX in my class. I'm sure it drove him nuts.

A buddy of mine from school races a red IROC style camaro in several different divisions here in VA...including Autocrossers Inc. for a while...he's more into 'drifting' and has several videos on youtube. He's pretty ridiculous, I wish I would have come out. One day...I definitely will. Hopefully in about 2 years :)