PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger and NOS

SuperDakota
07-26-2009, 04:52 AM
Who s running a supercharger and nitrous ....Just got the supercharger on the dakota and now im thinking about NOS ...what brand kit is the easyest to run ...wet or dry ...and what should the timing b ....i have a MSD BTM box on it now ...cam , ported heads ,headers, Airgap intake and a 50mm TB . 4.56 gears ..and drag radials with cal tracks.....runs good now but id like a little more ...just like a 100 shot....What do u guys think

Rick Adams
07-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Who s running a supercharger and nitrous ....Just got the supercharger on the dakota and now im thinking about NOS ...what brand kit is the easyest to run ...wet or dry ...and what should the timing b ....i have a MSD BTM box on it now ...cam , ported heads ,headers, Airgap intake and a 50mm TB . 4.56 gears ..and drag radials with cal tracks.....runs good now but id like a little more ...just like a 100 shot....What do u guys think

SC & NOS are tough on the head gasgets by themselves; how do you plan on keeping them in place with both? Not saying it can't be done, but I hope you've got a plan....... :goodluck:

bad360rt
07-26-2009, 02:04 PM
The only person I know of to run boost and juice together successfully is Ron Merx, and that was with an R3 block, not sure on the headgaskets. Most people stick to one or the other, combining the two usually ends badly.

What's your truck running with the current setup?

SuperDakota
07-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Dont have a time on it yet ...Im putting on tru duel exhaust with 2.5 flowmasters ...Im gonna get a time on it them , Should b a couple weeks

BluRT00
07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Ditch the 50 mm that's pretty small for a S/C application.

rhurley
07-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Ive got Nitrous. And its fun! But..... There isnt a day where im glad i have it over a sc. I wish i would have spent the extra and gone sc

408rc
08-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I ran a procharger p1 @ 5psi and a 75 shot (wet) and it held up for a couple months lol...if you build the motor and get some cometic headgaskets im sure you will have better luck lol

dakfink
08-22-2009, 01:35 PM
They can be ran together very successfully.

BIG thing to remember is DO NOT GET GREEDY!! With the Nitrous

You should be able to run about 25-75 hp/shot and get away with it.

The old thinking, It runs so well on 75hp and has no issues; Let me try 100hp is not something you want to play with.

My 468cui R3 is 100% completely new because the previous owner did that same thing. Was running all year on 150hp/shot, granted he was running low 8's in the 1/4. He got greedy stepped it up to 200hp and it let go on him first pass.

3 shattered pistons, 2 bent rods and 1 broken rod and 2 holes in the cylinder walls. Cost him a good chunk to fix the damage.

JUST DO NOT GET GREEDY!!

perfinj
08-23-2009, 02:13 AM
I have done a few of my customers trucks this way. I did a 3.9L with 18lbs of boost and a 75 shot. That was with a felpro head gasket and studs.

grapejuice1998
08-23-2009, 04:07 PM

I've seen it tried a few times and it always ends badly. A guy in AZ ran a Vortech and a 35 shot at the Truckin Nats. It blew the HG so bad, it scorched a trench in the block.
I'd just go for more boost, but be sure it's got a good tune.