PDA

View Full Version : Install Party

Axiom
07-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Alright, lets face it. I'm a computer geek, not a mechanic. I can change oil, do brake jobs and handle most electrical jobs. When it comes to tearing this motor apart, I'll fuck it up. I have an M1, 1.6 Harland Sharp rocker arms, push rods, .600 springs, valve covers and a full Hotchkis kit.

I think it's time we organized an install party. We might be better off having it at someone else's house due to the fact that my collection of tools is limited.

I've had most of these parts sitting in storage for the better part of two years now. It's time to get this shit on. What say you region 3?

mtlcafan79
07-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Looks like a good weekend right there. You'd be amazed at the power of free beer and getting work done on trucks. Just a tip.

Nolan
07-21-2009, 05:35 AM
Free sodas & BBQ while working on the truck.....Free beer AFTER working on the truck!

Nolan

2k1AmberR/T
07-21-2009, 06:23 AM
Free sodas & BBQ while working on the truck.....Free beer AFTER working on the truck!

Nolan

Fuck that. Free bbq and beer during and/or after. Sodas aren't much fun. Although the new Throwback sodas are pretty delicious, except I've only found them at ONE store out of about 10 that I've checked.

ME111
07-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Fuck that. Free bbq and beer during and/or after. Sodas aren't much fun. Although the new Throwback sodas are pretty delicious, except I've only found them at ONE store out of about 10 that I've checked.

LOL...I'll remember that

2k1AmberR/T
07-21-2009, 03:11 PM
LOL...I'll remember that

LoL we'll set the standard next month, you bet.

Axiom
07-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought free beer was implied? :biggthumpup:

Not a single person from region three has answered yet. :jester:

2k1AmberR/T
07-21-2009, 04:21 PM
I thought free beer was implied? :biggthumpup:

Not a single person from region three has answered yet. :jester:

If nobody in region 3 likes to drink free beer you can always give it a shot yourself, after all you're on the forum so we can help guide you through anything you're having trouble with. Other than maybe a coil spring compressor if you can find one, and a t55 torx for the leaf spring if you need it, you'll pretty much be alright with a set of wrenches or sockets and extensions I think. A valve spring removal tool as well. I'd say split up the motor work and the suspension work for two different weekends if you're alone, that's a good chunk of work.

BryanRT360
07-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Alright, lets face it. I'm a computer geek, not a mechanic. I can change oil, do brake jobs and handle most electrical jobs. When it comes to tearing this motor apart, I'll fuck it up. I have an M1, 1.6 Harland Sharp rocker arms, push rods, .600 springs, valve covers and a full Hotchkis kit.

I think it's time we organized an install party. We might be better off having it at someone else's house due to the fact that my collection of tools is limited.

I've had most of these parts sitting in storage for the better part of two years now. It's time to get this shit on. What say you region 3?

Drive to South Jersey and we can do it it a weekend.

ddrango
07-21-2009, 11:33 PM

Werd, I'd be down for that!

blk00rt
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
common over to the detroit area, I am sure we can get people together to work on it for you.

Axiom
07-22-2009, 09:51 PM

Jersey is a bit far for a weekend drive. Thanks though.

common over to the detroit area, I am sure we can get people together to work on it for you.

Detroit is possible if we can get a few people in on this. There's gotta be more than just me that need to have work done?

Fltlander
07-23-2009, 02:33 AM

Rob Did you change your #?

Detroit is possible if we can get a few people in on this. There's gotta be more than just me that need to have work done?

Now since you've said that. I have a M1 that needs to be installed and a couple other things to tinker around with..and I'm planning on being up there for the Woodward Cruise (Aug.14,15 &16) this year again. Shit thats 3 weeks away!!!!
Think we could get something goin' that week Rob?

Axiom
07-23-2009, 02:44 AM
Would you travel to Grand Rapids, MI? HemiDak has offered up his garage for our use. It's about an hour closer for Fltlander and I.

blk00rt
07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
possibly, if we use joshes garage that would be cool. though woodward dream cruise is another possiblity, if you come over here on thrusday night we could do it on friday and then be at the dream cruise on saturday. that is if I get off work on friday.

blk00rt
07-23-2009, 10:14 PM

Now since you've said that. I have a M1 that needs to be installed and a couple other things to tinker around with..and I'm planning on being up there for the Woodward Cruise (Aug.14,15 &16) this year again. Shit thats 3 weeks away!!!!

jeff, my number is still the same (248) 797-7669
m1 takes about a couple hours to install so it should not be a problem.
Rob

Adobedude
07-23-2009, 10:29 PM

Come on down to NM...You can shoot Coyotes while I wrench on your truck..

blk00rt
07-23-2009, 10:31 PM
if adobedude works on your truck make sure the electrical connections are pluged into the right spots....
sorry someone had to say it.

Adobedude
07-23-2009, 10:43 PM
if adobedude works on your truck make sure the electrical connections are pluged into the right spots....
sorry someone had to say it.

:finger:

Axiom
07-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Come on down to NM...You can shoot Coyotes while I wrench on your truck..
:jester:

Considering half the shit I need put on was yours at one point.

blk00rt
07-23-2009, 11:21 PM
axiom, your caltracs are they new or used?
The hotchkis kit is it on your truck now?
you will need to make sure you have the correct plates for a truck with caltracs and hotchkis. you might want to call them and make sure. You may also if the caltracs come with the aluminum bushing for the front have them pressed into the springs prior to bringing them to the install party...makes it a lot easier to install them.
(I have the slide a links and the front bushing and to be pressed out by a shop with a 150 ton hydraulic press because our 25 ton arbor press would not do it.)

Axiom
07-24-2009, 03:27 PM
axiom, your caltracs are they new or used?
The hotchkis kit is it on your truck now?
you will need to make sure you have the correct plates for a truck with caltracs and hotchkis. you might want to call them and make sure. You may also if the caltracs come with the aluminum bushing for the front have them pressed into the springs prior to bringing them to the install party...makes it a lot easier to install them.
(I have the slide a links and the front bushing and to be pressed out by a shop with a 150 ton hydraulic press because our 25 ton arbor press would not do it.)
The Caltrac's were bought used. I thought you re-used the OEM spring plate with the Hotchkis? Getting the bushings pressed in before hand it no big deal.

blk00rt
07-24-2009, 09:31 PM
The Caltrac's were bought used. I thought you re-used the OEM spring plate with the Hotchkis? Getting the bushings pressed in before hand it no big deal.

for some reason I thought you had to have a special spring plate if your truck is lowered which with hotchkis it will be..maybe someone else can confirm this because I have the slide a links.

Ryacuski
08-04-2009, 01:55 AM
I have nothing to install, and am too young to drink since i'm 20. =/

Axiom
08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
I have nothing to install, and am too young to drink since i'm 20. =/
Mike's coming over to my place on Saturday to help me install my M1 if you want to join...

danbap
08-07-2009, 02:23 AM
i wish i could make it but we got mud bogs up here saturday.

Ryacuski
08-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Mike's coming over to my place on Saturday to help me install my M1 if you want to join...

Howd the install go? Sorry, I worked 11 hours on Saturday and havent been on in a while.

Fltlander
08-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Continuation..... http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6813

pacecardrew79
05-02-2010, 12:12 AM
i could help.

knepperulz
06-28-2010, 08:29 PM

Hey, is there a group of Dakota R/Ts at the dream cruise? Do you guys actually do the cruise?

Rick Adams
06-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Hey, is there a group of Dakota R/Ts at the dream cruise? Do you guys actually do the cruise?

Smaller & smaller group of R/T's every year, maybe 12 last year ....

We hang out in Pontiac, at Technicolor Paints on the south side of the loop.
I need to confirm that we can gather there again this year, going to come down?

knepperulz
06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Smaller & smaller group of R/T's every year, maybe 12 last year ....

We hang out in Pontiac, at Technicolor Paints on the south side of the loop.
I need to confirm that we can gather there again this year, going to come down?

Yeah, I'd definitely plan on it.

Alwayshigh421
03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
just wonder if you are all still down for some install partys ill bring the beer... im coming back after three years overseas and im also down for some cruise's let me know

rt4u2nv
04-09-2011, 06:00 PM
are you close to detriot area?