PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Dakota 147

Stang6uy
07-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Well I hate to do it but here it goes, I am selling my 89 Shelby Dakota #147 of 1500 produced......and 1 of 490 in white the rest were red......

Adobedude
07-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Details?

dakotabluert98
07-16-2009, 12:49 AM
sharp looking truck. sorry to hear you have to sell it. good luck.

NH_TAZ
07-16-2009, 12:57 AM
How about some info about this truck such as mileage, condition, and asking price.

RobbyD
07-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Buy It Chris!

Stang6uy
07-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Everything works, ac/ heat, 152k doesn't leak or burn any fluids. Zero rust, If I were to keep it I would repaint and restripe it but its a good 10 footer......few small dents and scratches in bed but hey its a truck....

TurboBlew
07-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Everything works, ac/ heat, 152k doesn't leak or burn any fluids. Zero rust, If I were to keep it I would repaint and restripe it but its a good 10 footer......few small dents and scratches in bed but hey its a truck....

not to cock block your sale but jesus... cant you be more descriptive? Weren't you wanting over $7k for this? Some documentation and a link might generate some interest. Otherwise just looks like a plain ol gen1/2 truck that needs work.

Adobedude
07-16-2009, 09:09 PM
not to cock block your sale but jesus... cant you be more descriptive? Weren't you wanting over $7k for this? Some documentation and a link might generate some interest. Otherwise just looks like a plain ol gen1/2 truck that needs work.

No shit....No fucking shit.

sunike32
07-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Wait, you guys mean to say you don't like these nice generalized for-sale posts? :jester:

Dude, do you really expect to sell it with the outstanding description(s) you've given thus far? :jerkit:

Adobedude
07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Wait, you guys mean to say you don't like these nice generalized for-sale posts? :jester:

Dude, do you really expect to sell it with the outstanding description(s) you've given thus far? :jerkit:

That's like....

For sale: House.

Stang6uy
07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Let me know what you need to know! If someone that has true Interest in the truck wants to PM me with questions or ask for more pics I will without a doubt answer. OK here we go........
Following the formula that has become his trademark, Carroll Shelby started with a standard 112-inch wheelbase Dodge Dakota Sport model and transformed it into a true modern-day muscle truck. And he did it with V8 power. Yes, this Dakota is the first V8, rear-wheel-drive machine Shelby has built since the 1960s.
Shelby Automobiles in Whittier, California, bought vehicles from Dodge and turns them into high performance bargains that outperform vehicles costing thousands of dollars more - much the same way Shelby converted standard Mustangs during the muscle-car era. The latest vehicle to carry the Shelby marque, the 318 cubic inch (5.2 liter) fuel injected Shelby Dakota, boasts 175 hp and 270 pound-feet of torque and sells for under $16,000.
Slipping the V8 into an engine compartment that was originally designed for the 3.9 liter V6 was not as hard as it would seem, since the 3.9 liter was built on the Chrysler LA block (318/360 cubic inch) platform. Basically, the V6 is a 318-style engine less two cylinders. But the swap meant the Dakota's cooling system required a little work, as there was now no room for the standard engine-driven cooling fan between the block and the radiator. So Shelby Automobiles engineered a cooling system that operates with an electric fan mounted on the forward side of the radiator.

Other engineering breakthroughs on the Shelby Dakota include the use of an all-new V8-rated 4-speed automatic transmission. Featuring a high stall speed torque converter and rear-mounted New Process overdrive system, this transmission is one of the most complex ever produced by Chrysler. In order to provide the best possible performance, the 4-speed unit was fitted with an auxiliary transmission cooler. Power is put to the ground via a special limited-slip differential fitted with 3.90-to-1 gears. Another new feature on the Shelby truck is a unique rear-wheel anti-lock brake system that consists of a speed sensor, electronic control module and pressure-limiting valve.
To improve rebound and compression controls, nitrogen gas-charged shock absorbers were fitted to the truck, as were hollow-spoke-style 15x6-inch aluminum wheels, mounting P225/70R15 Goodyear Eagle GT+4 high performance radials.
The 3610-pound Sport Dakota was equipped with a number of other special Shelby pieces, including a three-spoke leather-wrapped sport steering wheel, "Shelby" charcoal cloth inserts in the seats and door panels and an AM/FM stereo/cassette deck with four speakers.
And a number of unique styling touches make the truck look as good as it runs. These include a light-bar extension behind the cab that's mounted to the bed of the truck, Bosch auxiliary-light-equipped front air dam, four non-color-keyed wheel lip extensions and special Shelby graphics on the hood and sides of the vehicle. The brawny V8 Dakota is available in white or red, accented with blackout front and rear bumpers, grille and trim. Small "V8" logos mounted on the front fenders and Shelby markings on the windshield and lower front grille complete the package.

NOW my truck like I said before My truck is Number 147 out of 490 white trucks built......and 147 of 1500 ever produced. I only have a few pics cause I am accessing this site from my work computer and only have a few photos. The truck has a brand new alum. raditor OEM fit. still has stock electric fans, the truck came stock with 3:90 gears, ac/heat both work great. I am not trying to be a smart ass but really don't appreciate all the harrasment from people who probably aren't even interested in the truck just like giving people a hard time. So if you are truly interested PM me and I will get you ALL the info you desire without a doubt. And I was asking $6000 Thanks