PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Turbo my R/T

motocrossman18
06-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Hey guys so im so sick of all these new cars out there that are running low 13's stock in the quarter mile and once I break hi 14's with bolt on im so happy. So ive decided that I would like to turbo my truck. Im in no hurry so I was wondering if I could buy the parts individually? If so what would be a good turbo for the truck? where could I find these parts from? And how much would it run me? I appreciate your feedback. My goal is to have a consistent/reliable mid 12 truck.

01dakotaR/T
06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey guys so im so sick of all these new cars out there that are running low 13's stock in the quarter mile and once I break hi 14's with bolt on im so happy. So ive decided that I would like to turbo my truck. Im in no hurry so I was wondering if I could buy the parts individually? If so what would be a good turbo for the truck? where could I find these parts from? And how much would it run me? I appreciate your feedback. My goal is to have a consistent/reliable mid 12 truck.

what kind of mods do you have now?? you can hit 12's with bolt ons and 100 shot and it would save you tons of money.

motocrossman18
06-30-2009, 10:41 PM
I have cai,shorty headers,flowmaster muffler with exhaust cutout, msd ignition box, mopar m1 intake manifold, shift kit.

NightmareR/T
06-30-2009, 11:54 PM
All I can say, the tried and true is what 01dakotaR/T said, heck you can even get there without the NOS. I have an M1-4 barrel, single-bladed TB, 2800 stall and a shift kit, 4.56 Detroit Locker, and a B&G tune, LT's, and some other little things and I am in the mid to low 13's. I know that I can get into the 12's once I start working on the suspension, which that is still stock, besides the M&H DR's.

If you go this route, you will have a good sounding vehicle (rough idle i am sure) as compared to the others that are out there.

Matt

dakrt23
07-09-2009, 07:21 PM
the other people are right about what you can do with nitrous, but thats true for any car and the power isnt there all the time...

i am planning on a turbo build down the road...

i would say the most cost effective way to do it would to be get an STS Remote turbo Universal kit and have your favorite shop fab up the tubing and wire in the harness... from there i would add an intercooler or meth injection or both and use SCT to tune it... im thinking this would make good power and probably more power than a supercharger at the same boost level...

this is my plan down the road... pretty much all of the above plus forged 408 shortblock, a mild camshaft to keep it smoggable off the boost, and the highest flowing eddy heads possible...

dakfink
08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Piecing it together is NOT a cheap way to go, TRUST me I know.

Been there done that. Wish I could find the rewind Button and try again.

There have been alot of advances in the 5.2/5.9 Liter Magnum world over the last year.

You can NOW get Real tuning via SCT. Turbo kits from STS.

And alot of other stuff that wasn't available just 2 yrs ago.