PDA

View Full Version : New Cam...Bitch won't run

Adobedude
06-13-2009, 09:11 PM
After the new cam install....It starts, takes awhile but only by pumping the gas, and it will idle...but I have to have the Fuel pump on high.

As soon as i give it any throttle...It quits.

Fuel Sync needs to be set, but I have to at least drive it to get it to the stealership.

Could the fuel sinc be that far off?

Should I turn the distributor a little to see if it helps, and how much should I turn it. 1/8 th inch..1/4inch?

Turn it clockwise or counter to lean it out?

Fuckin PCM

slvr03dakrt
06-13-2009, 09:40 PM
try and line the ditributor up a little better set it at tdc on the compression stroke with the cap off and line the rotor up with the tdc on the distributor. mine would start and idle but would run like crap anything uinder 3k rpm but one I was over that it would rip. I'm guessing b/c the injectors were firing at the wrong time but over 3k rpm it didn't matter much bc they were firing so quickly. I looked at it re adjusted it and it ran great. that is were I would start being that you managed to get it cranked. So far I have never set my fuel sync.

Adobedude
06-13-2009, 09:54 PM
I tweaked the distributor 1/8" counter...it's tons better.
It's idleing a 1000k, but the throttle response is good.

EDIT: Man I missed this thing, it's been 7 months.

Throttle response is like a 2 stroke, but I think my Optima is FUBARED, the only way I can get my fuel pressure to hold steady at 50 is to have the A1000 pump running at high speed, otherwise it bounces around 30-35 psi.

Letting it cool down, need to burp the cooling system...Too bad I have to take it to the Stealership to set the fuel Sync... I want to do it NOW.