PDA

View Full Version : NOS Buttons...

User
02-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Well i was sitting in my truck talking to some friends waiting to get my inspection... which was fun (but thats another story) anyways i was telling them i want Nos and was acting like my Cruise Control buttons controlled it.

But now that i think about it, if you removed the buttons, and fixed the words on them to actually match what they did for nos. That would be pretty cool. a on and off button, bottle open button, heater button, the little one you can hold down will be the one you have to hold down and then press the 2 top buttons to actually spray the shit.

i removed my cruise control from my truck, it was just in the way and the buttons do nothing for me.. so i was atually going to try to wire these up...

thinks its possible and would work?

BTLFED R/T
02-24-2008, 11:05 PM

Anything is possible! :biggthumpup:

bad360rt
02-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Anything is possible! :biggthumpup:

I was gonna say the same thing :) That is, providing you have the electrical skills to tackle a project like that. I sure as hell don't, so my setup will be nice and simple, three switches on the console, arm, heater, and purge.

Just don't call it NOS, unless of course you're speaking specifically of that brand of nitrous equipment, it's nitrous, or juice, or spray, or the hose, etc. :biggthumpup:

BTLFED R/T
02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
I was gonna say the same thing :) That is, providing you have the electrical skills to tackle a project like that. I sure as hell don't, so my setup will be nice and simple, three switches on the console, arm, heater, and purge.

Just don't call it NOS, unless of course you're speaking specifically of that brand of nitrous equipment, it's nitrous, or juice, or spray, or the hose, etc. :biggthumpup:

He must be a RICER turned DOMESTIC! :jester:

J/K

Five9Dak
02-25-2008, 06:48 AM
You'll have to look up the pinout and wire diargrams in a factory service manual. If they are anything like the radio control buttons, they will use a resistor array to keep the wiring through the clockspring to a minimum. Making a project like this more difficult.

grapejuice1998
02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Well i was sitting in my truck talking to some friends waiting to get my inspection... which was fun (but thats another story) anyways i was telling them i want Nos and was acting like my Cruise Control buttons controlled it.

But now that i think about it, if you removed the buttons, and fixed the words on them to actually match what they did for nos. That would be pretty cool. a on and off button, bottle open button, heater button, the little one you can hold down will be the one you have to hold down and then press the 2 top buttons to actually spray the shit.

i removed my cruise control from my truck, it was just in the way and the buttons do nothing for me.. so i was atually going to try to wire these up...

Hold down 1 little button and then press 2 more to spray it? Sure you could do that, but it doesn't seem like it would be very handy.

I use 1 toggle to arm the system and just a w.o.t. micro switch to make it spray. The other functions are each on their own toggle. I run a bottle heater and a purge, but no opener.

chiller2484
02-25-2008, 06:50 PM
...I run a bottle heater and a purge, but no opener.

You got one of those permanent openers right? The kind that hangs about a foot down from your elbow? :nana:

grapejuice1998
02-26-2008, 01:26 PM
You got one of those permanent openers right? The kind that hangs about a foot down from your elbow? :nana:

That's the one! Hi Tec, lol!

John
02-26-2008, 11:58 PM
You'll have to look up the pinout and wire diargrams in a factory service manual. If they are anything like the radio control buttons, they will use a resistor array to keep the wiring through the clockspring to a minimum. Making a project like this more difficult.

Thats exactly how they work. All those buttons go through one wire.

I guess if you are good with electronics, you could build a decoder device that converts that resistance value into a function; which is what happens for the cruise control functions. Its do-able but it has to be worth it to you to do it. You are basically adding a simple computer to run some switches. Also, do you really want to use buttons that you have to push to make it spray? Thats fast and the furious type stuff. Like grapejuice mentioned, thats what microswitches activated at WOT are for.

slvr03dakrt
02-27-2008, 04:20 AM
"Also, do you really want to use buttons that you have to push to make it spray? Thats fast and the furious type stuff. Like grapejuice mentioned, thats what microswitches activated at WOT are for."

He could put a WOT microswitch in and when he mashes the throttle down and the "NoS" activates he could press the buttons on the steering wheel and pretend like he's fast and the furious.

slvr03dakrt
02-27-2008, 04:21 AM
It would be pretty cool to hook up your bottle heater, opener, and activation switch through them though it would make it more stealth like.

geo2slow4u
02-27-2008, 05:24 AM

Tried it already made my brain hurt trying to figure it out. But with some relays you can make the od button the spray button.

User
02-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Damn i forgot about this thread..

Hmm, Ricer maybe a little, the point i was getting at was not having to add more switches and shit on your dash or inside your truck, and since the Switches for CC are right there on the Wheel already it makes it look clean and not noticable to other people/cops that you have sex juice in the truck.

Im going to paint my bottle to look like "7up" to so when they look in the bed or cab they think its a big can of 7up! Im SO Sure it will work. :biggthumpup: