PDA

View Full Version : Who we got from NC?

Intense RT
05-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Moving there to Mooresville next week and was wondering if there's some regular events to check out....or even an engine building/machinist job...LOL.

Rick Adams
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Moving there to Mooresville next week and was wondering if there's some regular events to check out....or even an engine building/machinist job...LOL.

Been there 2 times ; home of numerous race shops and REALLY bad drivers!
Protect your R/T! :goodluck:

1FASTASSR/T
05-28-2009, 10:47 AM

It is a big rustang and F-body crowd here...... there used to be a weekly thing at the Hooters in Mooresville, when you get settled join www.carolinarides.com.
I live and work in Concord which is 20 min from there, give me a shout.
Later,

Clay Collins
05-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I am from North Carolina but I am bout 1 hour west of charlotte. Nice to have you coming this way and to see another R/T in North Carolina.

Intense RT
05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Been there 2 times ; home of numerous race shops and REALLY bad drivers!
Protect your R/T! :goodluck:You're making me worry!LOL, hopefully if I can survive Houston and all the illegal immigrant, uninsured drivers....

It'd be my damn luck for it to get hit after I move.

Intense RT
05-28-2009, 03:32 PM
It is a big rustang and F-body crowd here...... there used to be a weekly thing at the Hooters in Mooresville, when you get settled join www.carolinarides.com.
I live and work in Concord which is 20 min from there, give me a shout.
Later,Sure, sounds good.

I was told to check out CRD engine development for a job lead, easy to find?

Intense RT
05-28-2009, 03:34 PM
I am from North Carolina but I am bout 1 hour west of charlotte. Nice to have you coming this way and to see another R/T in North Carolina.Sounds like a nice area to live from what I hear. Performance industry job market kinda sucks right now, so may be taking classes without a job.

scatpackdal
05-29-2009, 05:30 AM
I'm from NC (Greensboro, but I lived most my life in Charlotte) and currently down here until next week. I recently graduated college and have employment back up in OH for the summer but I'm trying to relocate somewhere in the state come this fall. However, that all depends on me finding a job in NC.

Intense RT
05-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Being a machinist/engine builder I think I'm going to take the CNC course at Central Piedmont Community College since the performance job market sucks right now. I've considered going to college for an engineering degree but...being my age with a family, I need to make some money quick. Plus, I like the hands on experience mixed with theory. I think some of the knowledge gained would be intriguing though.

red R/T
05-31-2009, 12:52 AM
im bout 2hrs from concord

03DakR/T
06-01-2009, 05:28 AM
im in Oxford NC. its pretty much bumshit egypt. im like 40 minutes from raleigh.

Intense RT
06-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, I'm here in Mooresville. Long trip from Houston. Trying to get this rental ship shape as it has a couple issues that are being addressed.

1FASTASSR/T
06-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Well, I'm here in Mooresville. Long trip from Houston. Trying to get this rental ship shape as it has a couple issues that are being addressed.
give me a shout sometime......did you check out carolina rides?

Intense RT
06-13-2009, 02:51 AM
give me a shout sometime......did you check out carolina rides?Sure will.

I forgot about the site, but I'll check it out now.

DartBoy01
06-16-2009, 03:30 AM
Well another R/T in Mooresville sweet! If you want some weekly or monthly events I know of a few for starters one is every Saturday night at The Pit indoor kart track starts at about 8. The next big thing that's happening is Hot Import Nights is going to show up at NASCAR Tech on the 20th of this month and it looks like it will be a fairly big show. Other than that I know of a few other weekly meets and a few monthly meets and shows within 10 min of Mooresville.

JMSoc02
06-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Dart, I think I have seen you running around town. I have a White CC with black wheels. Although lately it has looked a little rough (See Picture) I'm actually in the market for another one, but we will need to get something going since there are a few of us. Let me know. ~Marsh

DartBoy01
06-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Man sorry to see your ride like that, but yeah I pretty much drive from one end of Mooresville to the other every day from home, to school, to work and then back home. Have you checked Craigslist lately for another ride? there have been 3 or 4 for a fairly descent price. Also do you mind saying what happened with the wreck?

JMSoc02
06-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Man sorry to see your ride like that, but yeah I pretty much drive from one end of Mooresville to the other every day from home, to school, to work and then back home. Have you checked Craigslist lately for another ride? there have been 3 or 4 for a fairly descent price. Also do you mind saying what happened with the wreck?

Yeah, I watch craigslist quite a bit, but I am looking for less miles then most have, I have found a few, but I am getting married in 3 months and I have been only been at Penske Racing for about 3 months so it is tough to buy something when I am supposed to be saving, but I cant help but want another one :drive:.

As for the wreck, I was at a gas station turning left. There were 2 lanes going each direction with a suicide lane in the middle. There was a stop light at the end of the gas station and traffic was backed up past the entrence. A car stopped, gave me room and waved me thru. I started to pull out, and as I was looking right to make sure that the cars were still at the stop light a 60-70 year old man came thru in the second lane and that was that. I got it back on the road but I havent fixed the body damage yet. Hopefully next week I will be picking up a complete bed with line-x for $140.:woot:

But still a long way to go. Although my wife is a big Mopar girl (first car was a 2500 Ram long bed with the V10) so I am pretty sure I will have a new dakota very soon. :D ~Marsh

JMSoc02
06-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Just a quick side note, I am supposed to pick up a new bed next week that is Line-X. I have a plastic over the rail bed liner that I am going to get rid of. Does anyone want it? It is in good shape, but has 3 holes cut out to fit a bed cover mounts on each side. Any body interested?

holic_77
07-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I live in Raeford, NC although I am currently in Afghanistan right now. I plan on being home early next year and hope to be getting out to some meets. I still have the RT at home under a tarp but it hasn't been started since Feb.

Intense RT
07-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I live in Raeford, NC although I am currently in Afghanistan right now. I plan on being home early next year and hope to be getting out to some meets. I still have the RT at home under a tarp but it hasn't been started since Feb.
Keep your head down. Get on CarolinaRides.com there's lots of locals. Come out and see us when you get home.:biggthumpup:

holic_77
07-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Keep your head down. Get on CarolinaRides.com there's lots of locals. Come out and see us when you get home.:biggthumpup:

Thanks, I will check it out.

huskerrt79
07-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Jacksonville, NC