PDA

View Full Version : July 11th Automobilia Car in Wichita, KS

NightmareR/T
05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Every year in Wichita, KS on the second week of July, there is a huge gathering of all types of cars for this car show. It starts at 6 p.m. and goes til midnight. Then, at midnight the cruise starts and goes on til about 1:30 in the morning. The entire downtown area of Wichita is full of cars and bikes. Concerts will be held as well. I will post up the link to this car show, so all the information will be on there.

Now, here is what I was thinking. Since I am part of the Heartland Chapter, with George Hooper being our President, and he does not have the time to put a R/T gathering together, I might as well take it over. Depending on the amount of people that would like to attend this car show with us (the Heartland R/T Chapter), will depend on how early we will need to show up, get a section for all of us to have a spot together. I will be putting this together, and we are thinking of meeting at a certain place (which we have not decided on yet), all of us drive up there together, park and hang out for this car show. We simply want to get our group out there for people to know that we are here and to meet other people from this board as well. There are plently of hotels in the Wichita Downtown area if you want to stay over night, or come on friday night and leave on sunday.

I would like to see more people for the Oklahoma, Missouri, and KC area to come on down and hang out with us. If you have any questions about anything, which I am sure you probably will, feel free to ask.

Here is the link to the Car Show

http://www.automobiliausa.com/events.html

Matt

Magnum
05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Ill be there...will have to get off of work for it :biggthumpup:
I can copy this and send it out to the e mail list I have of R/T ppl

Thanks for taking this on Matt

NightmareR/T
05-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Ill be there...will have to get off of work for it :biggthumpup:
I can copy this and send it out to the e mail list I have of R/T ppl

Thanks for taking this on Matt

Not a problem, just hope I can get more response from people.

Matt

NightmareR/T
06-05-2009, 03:02 PM
I will call Automobilia and see if there is a way that I can reserve a spot for 8 trucks. I contacted a guy in the Hutch area (white RC) and he will plans on being there and he will also contact another guy (white CC) as well and try to convince to come.

Whats is good a place to meet and then we all do the cruise up there together? Any suggestions would be great. I could meet up with Aves and the 2 Hutch guys, then head out east and meet everyone else, take pics of us and all of us driving there.

Matt

NightmareR/T
06-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Since, this is such a big show, and after discussing this with Charles (na360RT) that it would be better that we meet at his apartment complex in the downtown area around 3:30. Then we will drive to the entrance for the Car Show, wait in line to get in at @ 4:00, then go get the spot that we have already have scoped out (1st and Mead, which is an excellent spot).

I need to know who all is coming, send me a pm with your number so that I can contact you, give you directions and any other info that you may need.

Thanks and hope to see you there,
Matt

Magnum
06-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Since, this is such a big show, and after discussing this with Charles (na360RT) that it would be better that we meet at his apartment complex in the downtown area around 3:30. Then we will drive to the entrance for the Car Show, wait in line to get in at @ 4:00, then go get the spot that we have already have scoped out (1st and Mead, which is an excellent spot).

I need to know who all is coming, send me a pm with your number so that I can contact you, give you directions and any other info that you may need.

Thanks and hope to see you there,
Matt

I have not heard back from anyone...other than Matt C. and he is up in the air as to if he will be there or not.

Ill be there :)

Magnum
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I posted this this on the DD site.....Ill be the snob one that invites R/Ts only over there :D

Magnum
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Bob said that he wont be bringing his down, but will see us there

Magnum
06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
We need to be sure to have ALL that are coming to be pre registered....if not the ones that wanna pay at the gate will get stuck in a different line that moves REALLLLLL SLOOOOOWW....this will kill any chance of us all rolling in together. This is one of the biggest shows in this part of the state.

Matt....please pass this on

NightmareR/T
06-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes, I have told the ones that I know that they NEED to pre-register for this show, and they need to follow what I have stated above. If the plan is followed through by all, then all who plan on attending this show will have a spot available for them, and that is if they let me know if they are attending. So, i will send an email again stating that they need to pre-register early.

Thanks George, and if there is anything else, I think I am covering as much as I can for this show.

If there are any questions, please ask (anyone), or pm me for directions,
Matt

NightmareR/T
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
I just want to say that its getting close to the end of the final pre-registration day, which is this Friday, July the 3rd to get the cheaper rate. As stated before, if you do not pre-register for this show, and decide to register on the day of the show, you will be in the slower lane to get into the show area.

We will still follow the plans that I have stated before and and hope to see you guys there.

Matt

Aves
07-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Got my packet today from them. So I am set and ready to go. Also if need something to do the night before maybe we can get all together at the track for some tnt Friday night unless everyone afraid of getting dirty. :nana:
Might even have an extra set of wheels and tires for the traction challenged.

Troy

Magnum
07-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Having a birthday party here for a friend...so I wont be able to

NightmareR/T
07-14-2009, 08:18 PM
The Automobilia Car Show went well, besides the fact that it was over 100 degrees out, but I had fun there and I think we all had fun there at the show. George said that the highest number he saw at the show was #830, but we all think that there was well over 900 at the show. Thanks to my brother saving a spot for our 5 trucks that attended the show, we would have been scattered all over the place. But, since Troy entered his truck in a car show, he now wants to get all of us together to do some drag racing, so that is in the works right now. Probably wont happen til October, when its cooler and better weather for us.

Matt

Aves
07-16-2009, 12:41 AM
The Automobilia Car Show went well, besides the fact that it was over 100 degrees out, but I had fun there and I think we all had fun there at the show. George said that the highest number he saw at the show was #830, but we all think that there was well over 900 at the show. Thanks to my brother saving a spot for our 5 trucks that attended the show, we would have been scattered all over the place. But, since Troy entered his truck in a car show, he now wants to get all of us together to do some drag racing, so that is in the works right now. Probably wont happen til October, when its cooler and better weather for us.

Matt

Yea and since I entered the show I think the beauty queens should have to enter TnT too