PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gear boost

Aves
05-22-2009, 04:56 AM
Ok got a question for all you boost junkies out there. I am running a Vortech V1 S-trim s/c and for some reason I can only seem to make 5to 6lbs of boost in third. 1st and 2nd I am making 10# but once it gets to third never goes over about 5.5#. I have checked for leaks and cant find any. I have changed belts and tensioner and see no evidence of dust from belt slip and with A/C spaced up belt is tight(read barely get it on).
So was wondering if anyone may have an idea why it will not make boost in only third? Could it be running out of blower in third?

Troy

Rick Adams
05-22-2009, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=Aves;59252]Ok got a question for all you boost junkies out there. I am running a Vortech V1 S-trim s/c and for some reason I can only seem to make 5to 6lbs of boost in third. 1st and 2nd I am making 10# but once it gets to third never goes over about 5.5#. I have checked for leaks and cant find any. I have changed belts and tensioner and see no evidence of dust from belt slip and with A/C spaced up belt is tight(read barely get it on).
So was wondering if anyone may have an idea why it will not make boost in only third? Could it be running out of blower in third?

What RPM are you hitting? Should hit the same numbers through all gears if it is not leaking around the air hat or not slipping the belt...

Rtspeeddemon
05-22-2009, 12:17 PM
BELT SLIP!!!!!! Say no more!

Aves
05-22-2009, 06:05 PM
What RPM are you hitting? Should hit the same numbers through all gears if it is not leaking around the air hat or not slipping the belt...

Shifting around 5600 to 5700rpm. Guess it is back to getting belt to not slip. Just seemed weird that only happen in 3rd gear but would boost ok in first 2 gears.

What size is crank pulley 7"?

Troy