PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Graphite CC R/T

CthulhuRT
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
So, I just got the news this morning that, as of June 1st, I will be unemployed. I hate to do it, but it looks like I may have to sell my R/T in order to make ends meet. I just thought I'd post here first to see if there was any interest. It has just over 63000 miles, and for the last couple of years has spent most of it's time in the garage. There's a small dent in the passenger side rear fender, right by the roll pan, where some asshole backed into it in the wal-mart parking lot and took off(that's what I get for taking my R/T to wal-mart), the paint is cracked, so will require re-painting...my local body shop guy quoted me $300 to fix it.
I'll be adding some pictures when I get the chance. I was told by a Chrysler customer service rep that was kind enough to look up production #s for me several years ago that it's 1 of 57 graphite R/T's built in 2001. Apparently because they only made that color towards the end of the model year.
MODS:
Martin Saine built 46RE w/2800 stall converter
MP valve covers, powdercoated to match truck
1.92 EQ heads with 5 angle valve job and mild port work
Crower 1.6 adjustable roller rockers
Crower .600 springs
Custom Crower cam, I have the cam card with all specs
JP performance double roller timing chain
M1 2-bbl intake
F&B 50MM throttle body(I'd been meaning to upgrade this...but not now)
K&N FIPK
GSM/Spintech headers into 2 1/2" spintech duals w/high flow cats, street mufflers w/ 2 1/2" cutouts after mufflers, into 2 1/4" stainless cuda style tips and rollpan
AAR cuda style hood
GSM side skirts
Yukon 4.56 gears
B&G M1 flashed PCM
BedRug
Infinity Kappa speakers
That's all I can think of right now...as I said, I'm just trying to gauge interest, and get some idea of what I might be able to get for it. My head is still kind of spinning from the whole layoff news right now.

Okay, I got some pictures attached. You can see the dent I was talking about in the pic of the back of the truck.
**update** It looks like I may be keeping my job after all, but with a reduced 4 day work week. That's certainly better than getting laid off, but thing's are still tight enough that I may have to sell the truck. As far as price goes, I'm not willing to sell for anything less than $8000. I've put too much money into it in the last few years to let it go for any less than that.

bad360rt
05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear that bro, best of luck with the sale and job search.

GoFastGray
05-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Would love to see some pictures of the valve covers :biggthumpup:
Also the truck!

krusty_R/T
05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
You have 4 weeks. Find a new job before the current one ends. Keep truck. Crisis solved.

CthulhuRT
05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
You have 4 weeks. Find a new job before the current one ends. Keep truck. Crisis solved.

I really wish it was that simple. I don't know how things are in KS, but in my area there aren't very many jobs available that don't involve flipping burgers, at least, not for someone with my skills. Currently I'm working for the Virginia DOT as a Safety Service Patroller, before that I spent 10 years working in a machine shop. I called 8 different shops yesterday, and they're all cutting back and laying people off as well. It looks like there could be some hope for me to stay on with VDOT, by moving to one of the bridge/tunnels...right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as there are only 11 positions available there, and they're laying off a whole lot more than that.

I'll get some pictures of the truck, and the valve covers under the hood and post them tonight.

Okay, here's a couple of under hood pics, and a close up on one of the valve covers.

krusty_R/T
05-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I really wish it was that simple. I don't know how things are in KS, but in my area there aren't very many jobs available that don't involve flipping burgers, at least, not for someone with my skills. Currently I'm working for the Virginia DOT as a Safety Service Patroller, before that I spent 10 years working in a machine shop. I called 8 different shops yesterday, and they're all cutting back and laying people off as well. It looks like there could be some hope for me to stay on with VDOT, by moving to one of the bridge/tunnels...right now I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as there are only 11 positions available there, and they're laying off a whole lot more than that.

I work for the state DOT as well, and I understand the cuts etc. Hopefully VDOT sees you're a motivated and good employee, and keep you on. Even if you do get let go, I'm sure you can find a job that doesn't involve flipping burgers. Good luck :biggthumpup:

CthulhuRT
05-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Pics attached to original message now!

2k1AmberR/T
05-14-2009, 05:49 PM
You have a PM.

CthulhuRT
05-23-2009, 11:51 PM
I had a request for pictures of the interior. FSM included in sale. :biggthumpup:

Also got a shot of the bedrug and spare tire.

CthulhuRT
06-23-2009, 07:22 AM
*bump*
I still have to sell the truck, even though I've managed to hold onto my job.
Need to get at least $8000 for it.
I'll be posting it on craigslist and in the local autotrader this week.
I'd like to sell it to someone who'll appreciate it and take care of it, rather than just tear it up...(sigh)