PDA

View Full Version : so confused!

Ksdub07
05-06-2009, 03:36 AM
ok so i bought a 2/3 drop for my r/t today. it consist of 2" drop coils and 3" blocks. so heres the deal. everyone says that the 2" coils drop it 1" in the front because the r/t is already 1" shorter than the normal dakota. so, if this is the case(correct me if im wrong) wouldnt using a 3" block in the rear give you a TRUE 3" if they are basing the measurments of the size of the block and not the ride height of the normal dakota. does this make sense? it does to me, hopefully someone can correct me before i put this on and find out the hard way.

BTLFED R/T
05-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Every 2" coil I've used has always dropped the trucks more than an inch. And yes, your theory does make sense. Go for it dude. If you want it lower, cut some of the coil with a sawzall.

01dakotaR/T
05-06-2009, 04:01 AM
the blocks will give you a 3" drop. the coils might be a 1" or a little more. if you dont like it, just cut the coils alittle bit. remember, the first time you install the springs and drop the truck down, its going to sit alittle higher than it should. just drive the truck around for alittle bit and the springs will settle. i installed some 1" coils on my qc a long time ago and when i dropped it down from the jack it didnt look like it did anything. then i drove it some and it settled out and got lower.

Jimbarrt
05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
In my opinion, the three inch drop, if it is a full three inch block, won't allow very much suspension travel...you may bottom out on everything, even with half-height bump stops.