PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home The Troops

RTchas
05-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Aug 1st Welcome Home the troops Car Show
The 3rd Annual Welcome home the Troops Car Show is a go again for August 1st 2009 Saturday with a rain date of August 2nd Sunday. The hours are from 1PM to 5PM. This is a 100% free event!!! Food will we carnival type of food. Make sure you bring your family because this is a family filled fun event. Show are Veteran’s coming home from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars that we support them!

Location VA Hospital
1601 Kirkwood Hwy
Wilmington, DE
Please post if you are coming because this is a free event and we are planning for 1500 people. Thanks in advance.

If you missed it last year you need to mark it down this year we had great time and lot's of free stuff/food and no entree fee's with great big Trophies handed out! It's worth the trip for sure! Hey Bryan we should get the club tent from Dave for this one! We almost melted last year!

Jimbarrt
05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Any link for the event?
What types of vee-hicles?
Pre-reg, or just show up?

My sister lives in Wilmignton, so this would be an easy one for me to make...

SniperRT01
05-08-2009, 02:11 AM
Im in again. Even though it was hot it was worth it. :drive:

RTchas
05-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Any link for the event?
What types of vee-hicles?
Pre-reg, or just show up?

My sister lives in Wilmignton, so this would be an easy one for me to make...

Sorry no link My Buddy from PAMOPAR works there and he is running the car show portion of the event. Its all type, year, make and model you name it they had some last year.First come first serve no Reg just show up early they may run out of room this year it was like 200 cars/truck last time and that was first time for the event. hope you can make it!

RTchas
07-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Aug 1st Welcome Home the troops Car Show
The 3rd Annual Welcome home the Troops Car Show is a go again for August 1st 2009 Saturday with a rain date of August 2nd Sunday. The hours are from 1PM to 5PM. This is a 100% free event!!! Food will we carnival type of food. Make sure you bring your family because this is a family filled fun event. Show are Veteran’s coming home from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars that we support them!

Ok update the show is still on Aug 1st rain date Aug 2nd. So far I have 325 cars I did not open this event up to the general pubic because its a free event. So I only contacted car clubs so far I have the following clubs Corvette, Mustang, Porsche, BMW, Dakotas, LX's, Camero, several muscle car and Historic clubs. We will be having free food hot dogs, hamburgers, and popcorn etc. We have a live band, comedian, local kids gymnastic team, face painting, Delaware State Police dog presentation, Local fired department smoke house and a long list of other events going on. Remember this is a totally free event. I am requesting that if you are coming to the car show you be there by 11:30 AM as the cars are parked around the event. The event is from 1pm to 5pm. Hope to see you.

Location VA Hospital
1601 Kirkwood Hwy
Wilmington, DE
Please post if you are coming because this is a free event and we are planning for 1500 people. Thanks in advance.

RTchas
08-01-2009, 05:11 AM
so Im there anyone else coming? I will have the Red R/T and the Challenger there hope it's not the only Dakota last year we had 6 trucks this year we should've had more but I know 2 trucks are down,but that shouldnt stop the rest of you! Hope to see some support there I will be leaving Philly around 10 see you there!:biggthumpup:

RTchas
08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Great show you all missed a good time! I didnt take the truck but Adam (SniperRT01) from NJ made the trip, truck looked and sounded good!
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww307/ChallengerChick/VA%20Carshow%202009/DSCN0733.jpg

SniperRT01
08-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Great show you all missed a good time! I didnt take the truck but Adam (SniperRT01) from NJ made the trip, truck looked and sounded good!
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww307/ChallengerChick/VA%20Carshow%202009/DSCN0733.jpg

thats a good looking truck! :drive: