PDA

View Full Version : im about to give up

99408kotar/t
04-27-2009, 05:52 AM
ok ive posted about my problem before with nobody having any suggestions as to what it might be. im tuned by sean (hemifever) so i know hes not doing anything wrong, but he has the sct tuner set to have me idle at 1000 rpms. it only idles at 700. will not idle at 1000. ive put 300 miles on it since getting it on the road with the new cam, heads, and exhaust. it runs pretty descent but the overall driveability is kinda crappy. it still wants to stall out everytime i come to a stop and the a/f gauge shows it going kinda rich when im coming to a stop. it gets down to the low 12's sometimes. when the truck has been running for awhile and i bring it back down to idle its running extremely lean at idle. it will dance from 15-18 a/f at idle. ive replaced all the 02's but its still throwing a 172,175, and 138 codes for being too rich, but its only rich at first start up idle and occasionally when driving around mostly when coming to a stop. replaced the IAC about 100 miles ago with again no improvement. any suggestions? ive about had it with this and i dont know where to go for answers. knobody i call seems to be able to answer since its kinda a flukey problem. please somebody have had this before haha. is the tune maybe messed up or my pcm? thanks in advance for reading this

bad360rt
04-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Maybe start going through the rest of the sensors? TPS, MAP, etc.

mtlcafan79
04-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm assuming you've talked to Sean? Every time we have played with idle on mine it idles right where you tell it to. I've had it all the way up to 950.