PDA

View Full Version : Big Loss of Power/ Fuel Cut? Misfiring? Help!

StealthSportRT
04-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Well all the sudden today I was driving and I was getting onto the highway so I opened her up and once I hit about 50mph the truck started jerking, I let off and went again, same thing started jerking. As I was on the highway I was cruising 50-60 mph than from 60 I floored it up to 85, no hesitation no problems what so ever. So I came home, cleaned the injectors, changed plugs, added some ATF4 Trans Fluid, Opened the airbox, checked for any blockage. Took the truck for a spin, all the power is back but I am still getting what I feel like is fuel cut but it happens between 50-60mph.

Any ideas? I am done playing with tonight Ill start again tomorrow but now I am really worried, like I said at cruising speed and normal driving, but if I need or want to open her up I get the problem. Truck isnt throwing any codes, no leaks. I am clueless here.

HELP!

Five9Dak
04-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Is this in the middle of second gear? Is it going into second?

StealthSportRT
04-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Feels like the Middle/Top of 2nd Gear. I was thinking possibly TPS? I Pulled it off clean up the connection and made sure it was turning back and forth inside of the sensor itself. Could the actual SENSOR be bad? Does this sound like a symptom of a bad TPS?

Five9Dak
04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
No the TPS isn't THAT important as far as I'm aware, speed density cares a lot more about MAP.

You can double check it with a multimeter. Should be around .7V at idle and sweep to 4+ at full.

StealthSportRT
04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Well I went out, got a new TPS Sensor. Unhooked the batt, removed the old, put on the new. Hook the battery back up, let the truck idle for about 15 mins, than drove it normal for 20 mins. Still having the same problem but no where near as bad.

So now I dont know where to go from here, O2 Sensor? Fuel Filter?
Help Please!

StealthSportRT
04-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Well started working on the RT about 8am this morning. Went out and got both a new TPS and MAP Sensors. While I was out I also picked up a different type of spark plugs. Pulled off the Old sensors, cleaned them. Pulled the TB, Cleaned the TB. Than just did stupid stuff like air filter, ATF4 and ran some injectors cleaner.
Well after a full's day work, still having the same problem so now it can only be down to two things, either my fuel pump is on the way out or its my torque converter.
Took it for a ride tonight and was cruising at 35 and when to take it up to 50 and the rpms shot up but the truck just wouldnt go so I babied the gas pedal on and off and once im at the speed I want the truck has the power and runs fine.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP:hail:
I can drive my RT but whats the fun of owning an RT if you cant have fun time to time

1BAD99RT
05-14-2010, 05:12 PM
I know this is an old post but what ever became of the problem?

White Turbo
05-14-2010, 08:45 PM
He hasn't been on here in over a year...

Maybe private email him for an answer.

hobiesun
05-14-2010, 08:59 PM
What a C@CK TEEZ...

00WHITERT
05-15-2010, 01:19 AM
my truck done this i cahnged my wires they were shot andit all went away