PDA

View Full Version : Help with replacing front Bumper/Valance

StealthSportRT
04-21-2009, 02:45 AM
When I bought my truck the whole entire front bumper cover was ripped off, the truck was not in an accident but I removed the top piece of the bumper that bolts to the frame. When I unbolted it and removed it from the truck there are about 12 screws with threaded clips that slide onto the lower bumper over. I tried to unscrew the bolts to remove the threaded clips to put on my new bumper but they will not budge. I soaked them in PB Blaster and let them sit for awhile and gave them a little heat from a torch but there just so rusted together.

Well my question is, can I go directly to Dodge and order the hardware, Would Dodge even sell hardware like this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

ddrango
04-21-2009, 02:52 AM
When I bought my truck the whole entire front bumper cover was ripped off, the truck was not in an accident but I removed the top piece of the bumper that bolts to the frame. When I unbolted it and removed it from the truck there are about 12 screws with threaded clips that slide onto the lower bumper over. I tried to unscrew the bolts to remove the threaded clips to put on my new bumper but they will not budge. I soaked them in PB Blaster and let them sit for awhile and gave them a little heat from a torch but there just so rusted together.

Well my question is, can I go directly to Dodge and order the hardware, Would Dodge even sell hardware like this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just junk it all, www.rockauto.com get a 01'-04' steel bumper and the whole urethane bumper cover and brackets. Way better than the old school ones IMO.

PeteRT
04-21-2009, 03:50 AM

cut them fuckers off and drill new holes.. pick up some nuts/bolts/washers from the hardware store and go to town.

StealthSportRT
04-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Just junk it all, www.rockauto.com get a 01'-04' steel bumper and the whole urethane bumper cover and brackets. Way better than the old school ones IMO.

Will the 01'-04' bumper bolt directly to the frame and than also bolt to the same brackets in front of the wheel wells under the bracket? If so I will order all the parts tomorrow and do that. Thanks for the advice.

PS. If I order the oringal 1 Piece Bumper Cover for my R/T does it have the brackets on the back to bolt to the frame? This is what I found
01'-04' Bumper Cover, Front 1 Piece Bumper with fog lamp (Dodge Part Number UH50DX88A)

ddrango
04-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Will the 01'-04' bumper bolt directly to the frame and than also bolt to the same brackets in front of the wheel wells under the bracket? If so I will order all the parts tomorrow and do that. Thanks for the advice.

PS. If I order the oringal 1 Piece Bumper Cover for my R/T does it have the brackets on the back to bolt to the frame? This is what I found
01'-04' Bumper Cover, Front 1 Piece Bumper with fog lamp (Dodge Part Number UH50DX88A)

Just make sure you get the corresponding parts for the same 01'-04' bumper. Brackets too. It will look great.

StealthSportRT
04-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Could You Possibly help me out and show me the parts I need there is a warehouse about mins from my home I wanna make a list, walk in with the last and walk out and be good to go.
If you goto www.certifit.com, Click Online Catalog, Click the Red Dot for New Jersey it will open the online Catalog could you tell me exactly what I need, I would really appreciate it.
Once the Catalog opens the Dakota Parts are on Channel 63 and 64, Like I said any help would really be appreciate it, I wanna get their as soon as they open get the bumper to my buddys paint shop, I just bought this truck but I need to get rolling on it.
I also sent you a PM

ddrango
04-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Could You Possibly help me out and show me the parts I need there is a warehouse about mins from my home I wanna make a list, walk in with the last and walk out and be good to go.
If you goto www.certifit.com, Click Online Catalog, Click the Red Dot for New Jersey it will open the online Catalog could you tell me exactly what I need, I would really appreciate it.
Once the Catalog opens the Dakota Parts are on Channel 63 and 64, Like I said any help would really be appreciate it, I wanna get their as soon as they open get the bumper to my buddys paint shop, I just bought this truck but I need to get rolling on it.
I also sent you a PM

OK cool - I'll reply via PM.

StealthSportRT
04-21-2009, 06:31 AM
OK cool - I'll reply via PM.

BTW, I just read what I wrote and it makes absolutely no sense but I think you got the jist of it, I am laying in bed falling asleep. I wanna be out the door by like 6 AM do take care of everything.

ddrango
04-21-2009, 06:36 AM
BTW, I just read what I wrote and it makes absolutely no sense but I think you got the jist of it, I am laying in bed falling asleep. I wanna be out the door by like 6 AM do take care of everything.

I hear ya, it's cool bro. Listen, you gotta join my whole Mopar crew!