PDA

View Full Version : convert to power windows???

rtkorn04
04-14-2009, 11:12 PM
hey guys im lookin to convert to power windows, and was wondering if anyone has info on where to get kits and what all needs to be done to make the switch. thanks

01dakotaR/T
04-15-2009, 03:39 AM
hey guys im lookin to convert to power windows, and was wondering if anyone has info on where to get kits and what all needs to be done to make the switch. thanks

i converted my truck from manual windows/locks to power everything using all stock stuff from another truck. it was a very straight forward swap. i was working on a big write up, but i dont have much time to do it.

or you can just buy an aftermarket kit for a couple of hundred dollars and put that on there, but it wont look as clean and factory as the other way.

JasonA
07-25-2009, 04:47 PM
The previous owner converted my truck to power windows. It turned out okay. He didn't run wiring to the passenger side, so only I (as the driver) can raise or lower the passenger window. As far as reliability, the kit (whatever he used) has worked perfect ever since I bought it. And the window switches were mounted in the stock location, so it looks pretty decent. The only thing I'd change if I did it is I'd add a switch on the passenger side.

I have thought about getting a pair of the OE window switch pods and wiring the switches up to the aftermarket kit, but I never have.

Andrewr/t
07-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I would just go to a junk yard or auto yard and find a dakota or durango with power options and ask to buy the window motors and switch pannels. Should only cost you $60 or so. The wire plugs should already be in your door to plug the motor into it. Mine has them

01dakotaR/T
07-29-2009, 01:54 AM
I would just go to a junk yard or auto yard and find a dakota or durango with power options and ask to buy the window motors and switch pannels. Should only cost you $60 or so. The wire plugs should already be in your door to plug the motor into it. Mine has them

not all of them have the wiring for the windows/locks.

bruizer28
03-30-2014, 09:43 PM
01dakotar/t…..did you have to change the wiring harness in the dash also? i thought i could just changed the complete door harness but after looking at the door jam it only has one plug and the one for power everything has two plugs