PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the LM-1/LM-2

PeteRT
04-14-2009, 02:29 AM
is the dual channel necessary, or is it ok to stick the single channel in an x-pipe?

looking at picking up a wideband... and im an idiot.
pete

PeteRT
04-14-2009, 02:41 AM
if single channel is ok... what about the wideband commander?

BryanRT360
04-14-2009, 12:01 PM
I really like my Lm-2. I have the single channel. I love the data loging capability of it, you dont even have to splice any wires. just hook it up to the obd port. It will record up to 16 channels at once.. Rpm, Map, Tps, Iat, A/F, Fuel trim, load etc. etc.

emwhiteR/T
04-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I really like my Lm-2. I have the single channel. I love the data loging capability of it, you dont even have to splice any wires. just hook it up to the obd port. It will record up to 16 channels at once.. Rpm, Map, Tps, Iat, A/F, Fuel trim, load etc. etc.

x2!

It is a little buggy but it seems like Innovate is getting off there ass and finally fixing the issues with the LM2. There has been a couple of beta and final firmwares released for it.

I have my O2 sensor located in the y-pipe right after the two sides come together. I would think it would be fine in the X.

GoFastGray
04-14-2009, 02:58 PM
After reading about the LM-2, I sold the Dynojet Commander and got the LM-2.
Yea, yea, havn't hooked it up yet (waiting to get cold start up bug fixed).

The LM-2 is on sale kinda at summit for $399 (reg. $479), and the gauges are $100 if you want one. Single channel*

PeteRT
04-14-2009, 11:20 PM
LM-2 single channel it is then... quick question for those of you that run it...

i get that you view and record off the handheld... but looking at the site.. how do you hook up a guage to it? all the gauges are advertised for use with the LM-1.

Pete

GoFastGray
04-15-2009, 04:51 AM
LM-2 single channel it is then... quick question for those of you that run it...

i get that you view and record off the handheld... but looking at the site.. how do you hook up a guage to it? all the gauges are advertised for use with the LM-1.

Pete

I was wondering the same thing. I made a phone call and was told the gauges that say LC-1 & LM-1 will work for the LM-2 :biggthumpup:
The top 4 shall work. I'm getting the red digital.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=innovate&N=700+4294925228+115+1004&Ntk=KeywordSearch

sunike32
04-15-2009, 04:55 AM
I never could understand how you get a gauge hooked up with the LM-2 either. I don't have one yet, but I was looking into it for the future. It seems the O2 wire has to go to the hand held, but that same wire would need to go to the gauge too. So maybe that wire just gets tapped into and run over to the gauge?

GoFastGray
04-15-2009, 05:07 AM
I never could understand how you get a gauge hooked up with the LM-2 either. I don't have one yet, but I was looking into it for the future. It seems the O2 wire has to go to the hand held, but that same wire would need to go to the gauge too. So maybe that wire just gets tapped into and run over to the gauge?

When I got my LM-2 I took it out of the box and was looking at all the wires...didn't see how it'll hook up either...

Ordering from summit right now... i'll let ye know in a week :jester:

sunike32
04-15-2009, 05:42 AM
When I got my LM-2 I took it out of the box and was looking at all the wires...didn't see how it'll hook up either...

Ordering from summit right now... i'll let ye know in a week :jester:

Sounds good I'll be looking for an update :biggthumpup:

Intense RT
04-15-2009, 06:01 AM
I only use my LM-2 for setting up what channels I want to record and to hit record. I haven't even tried or know if it plays back. I run logworks on my laptop to veiw everything and I think you need a computer anyway to get a good veiw. I know if you hook up a laptop to it that it will display on it's own guages (on screen they show 6) in real time. I like mine. BTW, the JTEC computers in our trucks are a little slow, so only log around 6 at one time. It explains why in the downloadable instructions.

emwhiteR/T
04-15-2009, 02:19 PM
I only use my LM-2 for setting up what channels I want to record and to hit record. I haven't even tried or know if it plays back. I run logworks on my laptop to veiw everything and I think you need a computer anyway to get a good veiw. I know if you hook up a laptop to it that it will display on it's own guages (on screen they show 6) in real time. I like mine. BTW, the JTEC computers in our trucks are a little slow, so only log around 6 at one time. It explains why in the downloadable instructions.

You can log more but set it up as low priority. I think I am logging 8 things but I have the ECT, IAT, and VSS set to low priority because I don't need that info as accurate as everything else.

Intense RT
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM
You can log more but set it up as low priority. I think I am logging 8 things but I have the ECT, IAT, and VSS set to low priority because I don't need that info as accurate as everything else.Yes, I think I have two of them set to low priority.

emwhiteR/T
04-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Here is one of my log files with 8 things logged including the AF ratios.

Intense RT
04-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Here is one of my log files with 8 things logged including the AF ratios.A/F and kpa sure is jumpin around alot but at least it's leaner than mine. With that manifold pressure(kpa), appears there's a restriction. Should be 98-100kpa area.

emwhiteR/T
04-16-2009, 01:56 AM
A/F and kpa sure is jumpin around alot but at least it's leaner than mine. With that manifold pressure(kpa), appears there's a restriction. Should be 98-100kpa area.

Interesting about the manifold pressure. I am running a AFE CAI and a M1 with a fastman 53mm tb. I also have a "large" turtle too. I hope there's no restriction, lol.

Intense RT
04-16-2009, 04:19 AM
Interesting about the manifold pressure. I am running a AFE CAI and a M1 with a fastman 53mm tb. I also have a "large" turtle too. I hope there's no restriction, lol.Something is up for sure, it's not like your in Denver, Colorado. Dallas area right?

atmospheric pressure at sea level is 14.7, which equals, ~101kpa, which is ~760 torr. At wot you should be really close to 100kpa.

Here's one of my files...

GoFastGray
04-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Ok, read up a little on Innovate's site. Seems pretty simple...

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/DB_manual.pdf

Aves
04-16-2009, 07:25 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I made a phone call and was told the gauges that say LC-1 & LM-1 will work for the LM-2 :biggthumpup:
The top 4 shall work. I'm getting the red digital.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=innovate&N=700+4294925228+115+1004&Ntk=KeywordSearch

I got the red digital one. Have it mount on a tri pillar. If I remember correctly you don't splice off the o2 sensor,but there is wires that come with the Lm-2 that you hook to the gauge.

Troy

GoFastGray
04-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I got the red digital one. Have it mount on a tri pillar. If I remember correctly you don't splice off the o2 sensor,but there is wires that come with the Lm-2 that you hook to the gauge.

Troy

If I send pics of all my wires could you figure it out?
Does the gauge itself maybe come with the wiring to hook it up?

mtlcafan79
04-17-2009, 01:46 AM
The gauge just plugs into the analog out of the LM-2. There is no splicing.

GoFastGray
04-17-2009, 05:51 AM

Sweet :rockwoot:

superjetruss
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM

but you still need the lm-2 in your truck for the gauge to work? there isnt a way to splice it in, and the analog output you use ant that for rpm or does it pick rpm up through your obd2 port

mtlcafan79
04-26-2009, 03:24 AM
The gauge plugs into the LM-1, not the sensor. The LM-1 has to stay in and turned on whenever the sensor is in the exhaust anyways. Otherwise you will kill the sensor. They mention this over and over in the manuals. Mine did it to me once when the box got turned off by accident.

GoFastGray
04-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Just got my gauge. Like the link I posted, 4 wires hook up to a harness the LM-2 provides. Looks easy to hook up, i should have time next thursday to get it together. Found where everything will mount and had the o2 bung put in last thursday.

but you still need the lm-2 in your truck for the gauge to work? there isnt a way to splice it in, and the analog output you use ant that for rpm or does it pick rpm up through your obd2 port
LM-2 always in the truck and on. Doesn't always record though. It powers the sensor and reads as a gauge. Will also power the aux gauge.

superjetruss
04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Just got my gauge. Like the link I posted, 4 wires hook up to a harness the LM-2 provides. Looks easy to hook up, i should have time next thursday to get it together. Found where everything will mount and had the o2 bung put in last thursday.

LM-2 always in the truck and on. Doesn't always record though. It powers the sensor and reads as a gauge. Will also power the aux gauge.

Ah gotcha thanks, so after I get all my tuning done with the lm-2, I can take out the lm-2s 02 sensor, put in run the lc-1 with a gauge and be fine? and visa versa if i change something?

GoFastGray
04-27-2009, 04:08 AM
Ah gotcha thanks, so after I get all my tuning done with the lm-2, I can take out the lm-2s 02 sensor, put in run the lc-1 with a gauge and be fine? and visa versa if i change something?

Lm-2 comes with an o2 sensor. The hand controller will display the AF readings. I'm going to be using an aux. gauge ($99) that will plug into the LM-2.

I think it would be easier for you to run the LC-1 to a seperate bung and just leave that on/in all the time instead of swapping it with the LM-2. And just plug the LM-2 bung when not in use. But you'd have to disconnect the sensor and hang it/cover it...that might be a mess?