PDA

View Full Version : 2 bar map?

PeteRT
04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
exchanging emails a little bit with the sct guru... i need a 2 bar map.

where do you get that and why is it so tricky to install?
pete

Any R/T's
04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm no expert but I can tell you what I've been dealing with. You need a 2 bar map because with a 1 bar map the PCM can't add fuel once the manifold pressure goes positive with a blown application. The 2 bar map won't fit in the stock location so you'll need to tap into one of the manifold ports for vacuum. The 1 bar map plug won't fit on a 2 bar, so you have to change the connector. For best results, you need to run high impedance fuel injectors because they handle the higher fuel pressures if needed. The only high impedance fuel injectors I could find under 60 pounds are the short style that require you to lower your fuel rails and only come with an EV6 plug.
As for the 2 bar map I'm using the MSD p/n 2312 which is a GM part.

PeteRT
04-13-2009, 12:43 AM
did you just crimp on some connectors to the stock wires to the MAP or did you get lucky finding a plug? when you wire it and tap into a vacuum port, do you then just tie it out of the way somewhere?..
pete

Adobedude
04-13-2009, 12:47 AM
exchanging emails a little bit with the sct guru... i need a 2 bar map.

where do you get that and why is it so tricky to install?
pete

Damn Pete...I'm impressed...:hail:

I can degree a cam, swap motors/trannys, but pluggin shit in still kicks my ass. :goodluck:

PeteRT
04-13-2009, 03:00 AM
As for the 2 bar map I'm using the MSD p/n 2312 which is a GM part.

btw, how did you land on using that one? i see there are many choices out there. what's good for the goose is good for the gander for me.. im just curious.
pete

GoFastGray
04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Yea, this is something I know nothing about and will be having to do soon as well. (Bookmark)

Five9Dak
04-13-2009, 02:52 PM
As far as the fuel injectors go, it should be easy to find fuel injectors for mustangs or camaros that are ev-1 or ev-6 (depending on your truck's year) no lowering the fuel rails required.

DodgeSqD
04-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Who is your SCT guru ?
I would only use his recomendations on wiring and sensors .
By the way , order the map with a plug .
Larry

PeteRT
04-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Who is your SCT guru ?
I would only use his recomendations on wiring and sensors .
By the way , order the map with a plug .
Larry

hemifever@aol.com

Any R/T's
04-19-2009, 12:34 AM
You can use other 2 bar maps but the MSD 2312 is for 15 lb. maximum boost and 5v PCM. Pictures will show the wiring and location.