PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure... HELP!!!!!!

nwh1984
04-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey name is Nate i have an 01 R/T CC i just had my oil sending unit replaced because when driving my oil pressure will fluctuate up and down... rising when hitting about 15mph and up... and falling down to the the minimum line when idling and parking lot cruising type of driving. I am not sure of the actual pressure i have a min and a max line on my gauge and it will sit on the min line till i get moving. Seeing as how i just spent $700 (Wrost oil leak you have ever seen!!!!!!!! i was going through a quart of oil every 1200 miles!!!!) on a oil pan gasket, front main seal, timing cover gasket, water pump gasket, power steering lines and other misc stuff :jerkit: . I would really like to know of any ideas that anyone may have in regards to my oil pressure issue. any help/ideas appreciated. Thanks

RTZoD
04-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Sounds like you hit everything but the oil pump. Which would have been a good idea to do when the oil pan was off. If its a new oil sending unit and you still have low oil pressure my bet its the oil pump. Not sure if this helps but my mom used to have a ford granada and the push rods were clogged with oil sludge and that gave it low oil pressure. The whole top end sounded like a sewing machine.

jweltch
04-16-2009, 06:09 AM
My 01 Durango R/T has done this since I bought it 3 years ago with 80,000mi. It now has 160,000mi and no oil related problems. It's my understanding that this is pretty normal for this year.

If you want to make sure, get an aftermarket gauge and sending unit and see what it really is.