PDA

View Full Version : No Oil Pressure

ladenblowfish
03-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Just changed the oil pan gasket and rear seal on my 98 r/t earlier. Just fired it up and my check gauges light come on and now I have NO OIL PRESSURE at idle. Oil pressure only starts to rise above 3-4k rpms. I had great pressure before I started. I reused my old oil pump and screen. I made sure to prime the pump before I put it back on. Torqued the main caps to 85ft lbs. I let it run for about a minute and there was no noise that I could tell. Maybe the oil sensor is bad but it would be strange for it to go bad all of a sudden. Any ideas? I should have just replaced the pump and screen. When I dropped the pan, there were no metal shavings on the screen or in the pan.

ladenblowfish
03-31-2009, 11:18 PM
I just double checked. No pressure at all till 2800rpm. Quiet til 2000rpm. Above that, lots of valve chatter. Pressure rises to 35psi at 2800rpms. No more, no less. When you let off the gas, pressure drops like a rock back to 0. I'm not sure where to go from here.

WicKed R/T
04-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Maybe the pickup fell off? But I wouldn't run it anymore until you figure what the problem is.