PDA

View Full Version : Smoking after idling.

StealthSportRT
03-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Not sure what is going on, today for the first time I let my truck sit and idle for about 20 minutes than when I drove off after idling I was blowing smoke for about 10 to 15 seconds from my tailpipe, it was blue so it something oil related. Besides that, my truck doesn't smoke, while driving, idling short times (traffic lights) on even if I open her up under wide open throttle, no smoke.

So why would after idling for that time, would some type of oil build up than blow out, unless maybe it was a one time thing, I don't know, I let it idle again tonight and it did not do it. Before I bought the truck on the 21st of this Month, it sat for about 3 months for sale, so I don't know if it was just build up or whatever.

Anyway, tomorrow I am gonna change the oil, clean her up. Can anyone suggest something to run through the truck. I heard Seafoaming motors does wonders. Anything else? What possibly happened? She doesnt leak or burn any oil, completely boggled me and still is.

krusty_R/T
03-24-2009, 01:08 PM
That sounds like valve seals to me, nothing a magic bottle of liquid is going to fix. Maybe it just needs to be driven after sitting for awhile.

grapejuice1998
03-24-2009, 02:22 PM
If it has the stock kegger style intake manifold, I'd open the throttle body blades and look down into it. If there's oil in the bottom of the intake, it's most likely a blown belly pan gasket.
Any random spark knock problems?

krusty_R/T
03-24-2009, 02:25 PM
If it has the stock kegger style intake manifold, I'd open the throttle body blades and look down into it. If there's oil in the bottom of the intake, it's most likely a blown belly pan gasket.
Any random spark knock problems?
Oh ya, that thing too. LOL

DrewzR/T
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Do you have anything done to the motor? Valve Covers? M1? That could help narrow it down.

You could be sucking oil through the intake or like was mentioned , you could have a valve seal issue.