PDA

View Full Version : what to do?

ThundeR/T
03-24-2009, 01:09 AM
hello everyone, ive been leaning toward nitrous for awhile now and had a few questions, would the 2bbl plate be better or the efi nozzle? i am doing a wet kit,i would like to spray 100 shot, is there anything needed to support the shot and ive been getting mixed answers about pulling time, holley says for every 50 hp 4-8 degrees needs to be pulled.and someone from a different thread says he never heard anyone pulling timing for 100hp. i dont want to blow the motor and holley states if its jetted right you can have a blast. ive seen the bad side of what nitrous can do and its the only thing holding me back from getting it

if anyone has some advise

Sick 660r
03-24-2009, 01:15 AM
hello everyone, havent been on here in god know how long,ive been doin good with my truck,keepin it tasteful but clean, i had a few ideas between nitrous,turbo,supercharger or all motor higher compression, from what i hear nitrous is the cheapest bang for the buck, if i go that route would a 2bbl plate be better or the efi nozzle?

if anyone has some advise or bottom line is i dont want to break the bank nor have a huge can of worms to deal with

If I was you I would do some math and see which will cost less in the long run.

ThundeR/T
03-24-2009, 01:19 AM
i want nitrous just because of the benefits on a stock motor. i dont have much to play with i just want something a little faster than a 15.5

krusty_R/T
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
i want nitrous just because of the benefits on a stock motor. i dont have much to play with i just want something a little faster than a 15.5
1. Sell Truck
2. Buy DSM
3. Go faster than 15.5
4. Profit :jester:

DrewzR/T
03-24-2009, 02:16 PM
You can safely run 75 shot all day long. Your best bet is to put the truck on the dyno and monitor your a/f. This is by far the safest way to tune for it. I'd start out a pill bigger on the fuel side to be safe and then adjust from there.

You can also pick up an SCT and have actual Nitrous tunes written for ya. You can run it safe....I did on my last truck for 2 years.....a 75 shot took me from runnin 14.0's to high 12's.

ThundeR/T
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
had 2 dsm's WILL NEVER GO BACK TO 4 CYLS.worst way to spend 5 g's on somethin that just got tossed:bs:

krusty_R/T
03-24-2009, 03:44 PM
had 2 dsm's WILL NEVER GO BACK TO 4 CYLS.worst way to spend 5 g's on somethin that just got tossed:bs:
LOL You obviously didn't know what you were doing then :nana:

grapejuice1998
03-24-2009, 03:47 PM
hello everyone, ive been leaning toward nitrous for awhile now and had a few questions, would the 2bbl plate be better or the efi nozzle? i am doing a wet kit,i would like to spray 100 shot, is there anything needed to support the shot and ive been getting mixed answers about pulling time, holley says for every 50 hp 4-8 degrees needs to be pulled.and someone from a different thread says he never heard anyone pulling timing for 100hp. i dont want to blow the motor and holley states if its jetted right you can have a blast. ive seen the bad side of what nitrous can do and its the only thing holding me back from getting it

In my opinion, there is very little difference between a shark nozzle and a plate, especially at the 100 shot level. I would get the one that fits your application best. If you're running an open element air cleaner, then go plate. If you're running a K&N type of tube, use a nozzle.
I ran a 100 shot on my stock 5.9, with no timing pulled at all and I never burnt so much as a spark plug electrode. Never. And I put a lot of bottles through it too, not just a hit here and there. As long as you stick to the recommended pill chart for your application, you'll be fine. If you step it up to a 150 shot in the stock motor, you might want to pull a couple degrees, but those Holley numbers are BS.

ThundeR/T
03-24-2009, 03:51 PM
thanks for the tips.i do have an open element filter..makes it look nice and i can get away from "cai"'s for awhile lol..and majority of dsm's i came across were so hacked,burnt up,crashed or blown up...like i said never again. atleast the r/t like when i spend money on it:jester:

slvr03dakrt
03-24-2009, 06:08 PM

on a 100 shot on a fairly stock truck i wouldn't pull any timing but make sure you run 91-93 octane. What other mods do you have done to the truck also? I found that 100 shot on my first motor worked the best it netted me over 1.25 seconds in the 1/4 mile. It pretty much had the normal bolt-ons headers, exhaust, m1,1.7rr and a computer reflash. You will also need drag radials if you plan on spraying on the street or at the track.

TurboBlew
03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
I think the plate distributes slightly better and hits a lil harder.

ThundeR/T
03-24-2009, 11:42 PM
i was planning on going with the plate to begin with. i just wanted to keep it plain and simple