PDA

View Full Version : ive got motor bugs

Addicted2Blue00
03-22-2009, 04:30 AM
yesterday -friday- i worked on my dak ALL day to get it on the road which i put in a valve body from aps and some extra goodies.
bug 1. it wouldnt rev past 3k so i checked the gap on the plugs which i set at .38 autolite 5224s, well the gaps were mixed and only 1 out of 8 was .38, 3 of them i barely got on .20 and the rest were between so i regapped at .48 for the ignition box, ran great but still no past 3k but it didnt backfire.
bug 2. codes came up for no 5v on map sensor and voltage was too low which, i tapped a wire for my datalogger and it interfered so i pulled it back loose. problem solved and i could rev past 3k
im happy with it now as it will haul some butt when the pedal is pushed.
now a another problem has came up, itll hold the gears which at WOT it does great but normal driving 1-2 itll hold til 26-2800 2-3rd 3-3200 and 2-3 secs later 4th or itll be 2-4 at 3k, cruising at 50-55mph it seems the TC may be locking and unlocking pushin on n off the pedal, which ive tried playin with the TV cable a lil and itll actually drop a gear when kicked or act as suppose to but no more. also at 48-4900 it seems to be a rev limiter hittin and itll shift which i dont have a clue what exactly the last sct tune was when i put it in jsut it was a starting ground

grapejuice1998
03-22-2009, 03:15 PM
yesterday -friday- i worked on my dak ALL day to get it on the road which i put in a valve body from aps and some extra goodies.
bug 1. it wouldnt rev past 3k so i checked the gap on the plugs which i set at .38 autolite 5224s, well the gaps were mixed and only 1 out of 8 was .38, 3 of them i barely got on .20 and the rest were between so i regapped at .48 for the ignition box, ran great but still no past 3k but it didnt backfire.
bug 2. codes came up for no 5v on map sensor and voltage was too low which, i tapped a wire for my datalogger and it interfered so i pulled it back loose. problem solved and i could rev past 3k
im happy with it now as it will haul some butt when the pedal is pushed.
now a another problem has came up, itll hold the gears which at WOT it does great but normal driving 1-2 itll hold til 26-2800 2-3rd 3-3200 and 2-3 secs later 4th or itll be 2-4 at 3k, cruising at 50-55mph it seems the TC may be locking and unlocking pushin on n off the pedal, which ive tried playin with the TV cable a lil and itll actually drop a gear when kicked or act as suppose to but no more. also at 48-4900 it seems to be a rev limiter hittin and itll shift which i dont have a clue what exactly the last sct tune was when i put it in jsut it was a starting ground

Call APS tomorrow!

Addicted2Blue00
03-22-2009, 04:55 PM
ive never worked on a trans but swap th trans, it was pretty straight forward on what needed to be done, all that was changed was the valve body that wayne at aps modified himself and changed the accumulator to a alum one to improve the 1-2 shift. i swapped the harness from my v6 which he said was the same long as the year matched the ecu and engine harness yrs, which i just remembered there was a diode in the harness that came with a shift kit that was put in the previous trans.