PDA

View Full Version : SCT: Removing Auto Tranny

sunike32
03-21-2009, 12:00 AM
How many of you have successfully removed the auto transmission from the PCM using SCT? I may be going manual soon, and I would like to go SCT rather than paying for a reflash through B&G. Am I correctly remembering there being some problem with removing the automatic from the PCM with SCT? I just think paying a little more for SCT allows for much more flexibility no matter what direction I take my truck.

Adobedude
03-21-2009, 12:44 AM
Sean...AKA Hemifever has been working with me to remove the auto from my PCM due to the 727 swap.

He did, it works fine, but the CELs are still there.

I think I've invented a few.

sunike32
03-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Sean...AKA Hemifever has been working with me to remove the auto from my PCM due to the 727 swap.

He did, it works fine, but the CELs are still there.

I think I've invented a few.

Glad to hear it's been done and still functional. I want to avoid CELs. Is that something you are still working with Sean to remedy? After reading the forums for a few years, I think your CEL may be frozen ON so you may not be worried about it... :jester:

Adobedude
03-21-2009, 03:20 AM
The CEL is a/my lifestyle....LOL

I also have the 2001 dash gear indiator light show...
My PCM is still looking for the tranny, but it's also looking for the fuel tank. So I covered the CEL up & ignore it.

I'm good at ignoring things...I'm married.

BluRT00
03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
The CEL is a/my lifestyle....LOL

I also have the 2001 dash gear indiator light show...
My PCM is still looking for the tranny, but it's also looking for the fuel tank. So I covered the CEL up & ignore it.

I'm good at ignoring things...I'm married.

LMFAO I that was a good one. I am not married, but have been with my woman for 2 1/2 years and I am learning to ignore too. :woot:

ME111
03-23-2009, 11:33 PM
LMFAO I that was a good one. I am not married, but have been with my woman for 2 1/2 years and I am learning to ignore too. :woot:

It's not really ignoring, it's selective hearing. But you really should ask her to repeat herself when she starts sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher. That's the extreme that'll get you in trouble eventually if you don't.

Sick 660r
03-24-2009, 12:12 AM
chris a PIE said he could remove mine for me. If it doesnt work then I can switch to a 5.2 manual tras pcm and have my sct unlocked. Also, after having a not so frendly talk with dave at B&G I realized even if I had a flash to remove the pcm, sct would not be able to notice it according to dave (asshole).

Adobedude
03-24-2009, 12:25 AM
chris a PIE said he could remove mine for me. If it doesnt work then I can switch to a 5.2 manual tras pcm and have my sct unlocked. Also, after having a not so frendly talk with dave at B&G I realized even if I had a flash to remove the pcm, sct would not be able to notice it according to dave (asshole).

Sean sent me a tune with the 5.2 manual, but later advised against me installing it.

I'm done worrying about the CEL, I have enough to worry about with the "E" turning to "e"

As in the Economy.....

sunike32
03-24-2009, 12:59 AM

Do you need to have no CEL in order to pass inspection/emissions? That's the case for me so I will be interested in how you make out. When do you have plan have it all back together?

Sick 660r
03-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Do you need to have no CEL in order to pass inspection/emissions? That's the case for me so I will be interested in how you make out. When do you have plan have it all back together?

In maryland you cannot pass emissions with a cel. The rear is pretty much done. Cam will be installed this week and heads were supposed to be shipped out this week. Cant really give you a date cause there are always issues to fix.

1EVILR/T
03-25-2009, 02:41 AM
I am also in NY, and I also have the check engine light problem,I can't even re-register my trk until it passes through the emissions computer, I have a B&G flash, and tried calling Dave for about 2 weeks, with no response back from him, so I called Marty @ KRC about my issue, he told me that he can do a SCT flash that will eliminate any of the CEL's from coming on! I didn't ask him and I don't know if you would be able to read for a diagnostic code if there was a problem in the future, guess I should call him back and see if he knows the answer to that one!

sunike32
03-25-2009, 03:05 AM
I am also in NY, and I also have the check engine light problem,I can't even re-register my trk until it passes through the emissions computer, I have a B&G flash, and tried calling Dave for about 2 weeks, with no response back from him, so I called Marty @ KRC about my issue, he told me that he can do a SCT flash that will eliminate any of the CEL's from coming on! I didn't ask him and I don't know if you would be able to read for a diagnostic code if there was a problem in the future, guess I should call him back and see if he knows the answer to that one!

I'd be interested if he's had any first hand experience removing the auto tranny from our PCM using SCT. Let us know if you find out any info...