PDA

View Full Version : Standalone Distr....

NICKELEYE_RT
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
For those with standalones, what distributor options are there??
Is accel the only one? I need a dual pickup for the bigstuff3.

BS3 recommends MSD but msd says they do not make one for our motors.

NICKELEYE_RT
03-10-2009, 02:42 AM
anyone??

Lederip
03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
anyone??

I never had any luck with the Accel dual sync dizzy and BS3. I never could get the three signal event to happen- Cam, Crank, and Rotor phase - at the correct time. BS3 likes the Cam signal at 60 BTDC, the Crank signal at 50 BTDC and Rotor signal equal to Max Timing advance ~28-30 degrees. I'm sure you could get the Acell to work, I just got tired of messing with it. Call your dealer and see what they say. I'm sure John will tell you to run the correct sensors. E-Mail him, he is really good at getting back to you.

I run a MSD flying magnet Crank trigger and a modified MSD Distributor.

The only Dodge sensor I use is the TPS. My IAT, IAC, MAP, O2, Cam, Crank and Water temp are GM, MSD or Ford

NICKELEYE_RT
03-10-2009, 12:55 PM
I never had any luck with the Accel dual sync dizzy and BS3. I never could get the three signal event to happen- Cam, Crank, and Rotor phase - at the correct time. BS3 likes the Cam signal at 60 BTDC, the Crank signal at 50 BTDC and Rotor signal equal to Max Timing advance ~28-30 degrees. I'm sure you could get the Acell to work, I just got tired of messing with it. Call your dealer and see what they say. I'm sure John will tell you to run the correct sensors. E-Mail him, he is really good at getting back to you.

I run a MSD flying magnet Crank trigger and a modified MSD Distributor.

The only Dodge sensor I use is the TPS. My IAT, IAC, MAP, O2, Cam, Crank and Water temp are GM, MSD or Ford

I think you might be describing what my shop wants to do. We were gonna get all the correct sensors. He was talking about somethign with the crank trigger.

What did you have to do to get the msd distributor to make it work?

Lederip
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
I think you might be describing what my shop wants to do. We were gonna get all the correct sensors. He was talking about somethign with the crank trigger.

What did you have to do to get the msd distributor to make it work?

Here is some info on modding the distributor.

http://www.candbmotorsports.com/camsync.html

NICKELEYE_RT
03-10-2009, 01:38 PM
thanks ken

Five9Dak
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
DIYautotune.com, one of our sponsors, is a good place to get sensors and pigtails from.

I use the factory tps and coolant temperature, as knowing exact coolant temperature isn't nessecary, it's only for warm up enrichment. IAT is important to be accurate though.

NICKELEYE_RT
03-11-2009, 01:37 AM
thanks for the tips

dakfink
04-14-2009, 02:17 PM
I talked to John Meaney about the Accel Dual Sync Dist. when I bought my BS-3

He said it will work fine if you can get it to work.

I have a copy of a 3-4 page process on setting it up. From what i understand it is a PITA but once you get it set it's great.

Do a Google Search on Accel Dual Sync Distribuor. The article I have should come up. Been so long ago I don't have the link any more.