PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag Light Stays On???

superbee5.9
03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
:rtfm:Does anyone know why my air bag light stays on while driving? I am really tight on money right now and cant afford to pay the dealership to fix it right now! Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it.

kasca
03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Does it only come on when your driving?? If so you probably have a short on one of the wires, check all of your wires and look for and little nics, cuts, or chaffing. More then likely your wire is chaffing on something on your truck due to vibrations from your truck and is hitting metal and is causing the light to come on. That would be my guess.

DobaMark
03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Often the failure point is the clockspring behind the steering wheel. But they are not too cheap and the only way to know for sure the cause of the failure is to have a scanner that can access the airbag system for trouble codes. Which usually means a trip to the dealer or some other large shops.

superbee5.9
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys but the thing is my computer is screwed the obd catalyst wont let a scanner read the codes. The scanners freeze up im just going to get a new computer and then scan the codes for the air bag light