PDA

View Full Version : Security Light coming on

jay.todd
02-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I have an 02 CC and I recently installed the MTX Thunderform with built in amp and 2-10s. For some reason when I crank my truck up in the morning to let it warm up when I go to get in it the security light in the dash in on after running for about 15 minutes. I can turn the truck off and crank it back up and it will be fine. When I leave work to come home in the evenings it will come on; it takes about 15 minutes but will come on. It has started happening since I put in the speakers and it does not make a difference if the radio is on or off.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jay.todd
02-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Yesterday afternoon I disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes and let my truck warm up this morning and on my way to work it came on. It does not cause any problems other than the light coming on.

Any ideas?

Nolan
02-19-2009, 07:02 PM
If you have more than one remote key fob, does it happen with both? If not try changing the key fob batteries.

If it happens with more than one key fob, undo any of the wiring changes you made while installing the Thunderform.

Are you using the stock stereo head unit? Is it the Infinity with tweeters? It has it's own amplifier.

How is the MTX amplifier wired and what wire are you using to turn it on?

Nolan

jay.todd
02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
If you have more than one remote key fob, does it happen with both? If not try changing the key fob batteries.

If it happens with more than one key fob, undo any of the wiring changes you made while installing the Thunderform.

Are you using the stock stereo head unit? Is it the Infinity with tweeters? It has it's own amplifier.

How is the MTX amplifier wired and what wire are you using to turn it on?

Nolan

When I purchased the truck I did not receive the key fob with the vehicle. However, it does have keyless entry according to the window sticker.
I am using the stock head unit and yes it does have the infinity system with factory amp. I hooked up the thunderform with a amp addition box. You unplug the back of the radio and plug the wires into a junction and then the junction into the radio. It simply gives me two sets of RCAs that could be used for the amp. I am only using the rear channel and the kit does not affect the factory amp. The kit also comes with a blue wire to turn on the amp. This system is completely plug and play with no cutting of wires.

Yesterday I did unhook the battery to let any code clear out and to reset the security system. Today it took about 30 minutes before the light came on and this afternoon on my way home from work it did not come on, but I only live 15 minutes away. Will check again in the morning to see if it happens and will keep you posted.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay