PDA

View Full Version : 3 mustangs and a goat

turboed r/t
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Nice little title aint it?? Mike (known as dakoturrr on here) called me last night and said he had a couple of people wanting to go for a little ride. 3 mustangs--1 had a vortec he was about a 94. I know I said 3 mustangs and a goat-- we'll get to the goat in a minute. Well there was also a 93 mach 1, he had 430 gears and I dont know what other mods . We went from a 45ish roll and I pulled I guess about 3 cars before I got to 90. Then we hit a red light and he had reg street tires and I had my M&Hs on. He spun I didnt(turbo lag is a good thing) And I left him pretty bad Second car to pull on me was the vortec blown GT. We went from about 40 and I pulled him by about 2 or 3 cars at about 90 also. We also caught a red light and he also had street tires we left on green---when I was about 100 feet out I looked back and he hadnt gone very far just a ball of smoke-400rwhp in a gt with street tires on means no tration. I never got to go against the 3rd mustang he was pretty much stock load exhaust though. So we all pull into the harley parking lot in berlin MD and every one is talking and one of the mustang guys says--I know someone who will race you and he has a head cam ls1 gto with the bottle. He makes a phone call in about 10minutes this shows up. He only lives like 3 miles from the harley shop. He pulls up ,and this thing sounds straight fugging nasty. Camming its ass and loud as shit. We start talking and he has a 150 shot but his bottle is cold and almost empty. He wanted to go from like 50 to 150-----Oh hell no. From a dead stop and go 1320'. I dont know about you guys but my truck is a hand full at the end of the quater at 119. He asked if I spin of the line and I told him no (again turbo lag is a good thing). The first time we raced I jumped on the 3 honk we both pulled to about 50 but I had him by at least 7 by then so I let off--he pulls up I said sorry dude I jumped. So we go again from a dead stop to about 120 he wasn't gaining so I let off I had him by about 10 cars. Now if he had his bottle right it would have been differnt. His best run was 11:45 I have been 11:39.... Still not a bad wensdaynight. I left a little early mike in his club cab was getting ready to race a hemi ram, havent talked to him today but I know the out come of that one anyway. And I was running pump gas at 10lbs of boost.......

2k1AmberR/T
02-13-2009, 02:59 AM
Awesome. What was your boost level at the track?

1999DakotaRT
02-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Nice little title aint it?? Mike (known as dakoturrr on here) called me last night and said he had a couple of people wanting to go for a little ride. 3 mustangs--1 had a vortec he was about a 94. I know I said 3 mustangs and a goat-- we'll get to the goat in a minute. Well there was also a 93 mach 1, he had 430 gears and I dont know what other mods . We went from a 45ish roll and I pulled I guess about 3 cars before I got to 90. Then we hit a red light and he had reg street tires and I had my M&Hs on. He spun I didnt(turbo lag is a good thing) And I left him pretty bad Second car to pull on me was the vortec blown GT. We went from about 40 and I pulled him by about 2 or 3 cars at about 90 also. We also caught a red light and he also had street tires we left on green---when I was about 100 feet out I looked back and he hadnt gone very far just a ball of smoke-400rwhp in a gt with street tires on means no tration. I never got to go against the 3rd mustang he was pretty much stock load exhaust though. So we all pull into the harley parking lot in berlin MD and every one is talking and one of the mustang guys says--I know someone who will race you and he has a head cam ls1 gto with the bottle. He makes a phone call in about 10minutes this shows up. He only lives like 3 miles from the harley shop. He pulls up ,and this thing sounds straight fugging nasty. Camming its ass and loud as shit. We start talking and he has a 150 shot but his bottle is cold and almost empty. He wanted to go from like 50 to 150-----Oh hell no. From a dead stop and go 1320'. I dont know about you guys but my truck is a hand full at the end of the quater at 119. He asked if I spin of the line and I told him no (again turbo lag is a good thing). The first time we raced I jumped on the 3 honk we both pulled to about 50 but I had him by at least 7 by then so I let off--he pulls up I said sorry dude I jumped. So we go again from a dead stop to about 120 he wasn't gaining so I let off I had him by about 10 cars. Now if he had his bottle right it would have been differnt. His best run was 11:45 I have been 11:39.... Still not a bad wensdaynight. I left a little early mike in his club cab was getting ready to race a hemi ram, havent talked to him today but I know the out come of that one anyway. And I was running pump gas at 10lbs of boost.......

Nice runs! The GTO especially :biggthumpup: What all do you have done??

Warrior Poet
02-13-2009, 03:59 AM
A 93 mach 1 eh? Lol NIce kills

BackRoadsR/T
02-13-2009, 06:24 PM
the Mach was an 03 and the blown GT is an 01 lol, i know both of those guys, neither could touch Jim's R/T though

turboed r/t
02-13-2009, 07:10 PM
LOL yeah 93---sorry guess I should have read first before posting.

turboed r/t
02-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Damn how far off could I get with the frigging years on those mustangs. I did mean 03 not 93---guess I'm stuck on the 93s thats what I helped my son build--a rag top GT with a GT-40 crate motor in it, pretty little car till some woman ran a red light and t-boned him. He didn't get hurt but it totaled the gt. Thats why I have the tag on the front of my truck that says-SO MANY 5.0s SO LITTLE TIME--all his mustang boys used to come over.