PDA

View Full Version : Fog lights not working

BlackDak59
02-08-2009, 10:37 PM
I thought there was a thread about someones fog lights not working but I can't find it. I bought two new sets of fog lights and one would only work and now on the second set they both don''t work. I tried changing relays but that didn't work. Would changing the headlight knob switch thing help the problem?

Sleepy
02-11-2009, 02:14 PM
that was the problem for me the one time and now mine are not working again i have to check my relay but id say try change the switch i got mine from autozone for like $35 and i was able to return it the second time due to it not changing anything

99strokedr/t
02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3152

I think this is the thread you were looking for...

BlackDak59
02-14-2009, 06:35 PM
yup thanks

RTZoD
03-07-2009, 01:13 AM
I know this thread is kinda old but I fixed my switch by opening it up and soldering a piece of 18 gauge wire across where they put a flimsy piece of brass that will not make contact after a while. Be careful if you open you're switch. Do not take front knob off or else small parts and springs will become permanent parts of the interior. I did this but as luck would have it I was able to get it back together.

If you open the back cover you will see 2 contacts fixed to a silver round hold down. This holds the brass contacts in place. You can rebend them to make better contact, or do as i did and solder a piece of 18 gauge wire about a half inch long with rounded ends across this contact point. You will retain the use of the switch and it will function as normal. I should have taken pictures but I didn't. Enough requests and I'll pull the switch back out and take pictures.

BlackDak59
03-07-2009, 02:05 PM
sweet i might try that