PDA

View Full Version : I'll take whatever I can get...

SinCity R/T
01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm disappointed, but I'll take whatever I can get. Every time I set a new PB but something happens that keeps me from running as fast as I expected it keeps my hopes up for next time.

It rained out here all day, didn't stop drizzling until about an hour before the track opened. Even though people were bitching about the traction, I set a new PB 1.62 60' on my first pass. Everything felt great, until the 1000' mark - the nitrous cut out. After the November Midnight Mayhem I decided to re-do my nitrous wiring, and apparently I used too small of a fuse on the source wire. Even though I lost the nitrous I set a new PB of 11.76, but at only 111mph (instead of my normal 114+) - it felt like it probably would have been an 11.5x pass if things had gone smoothly.

I put the wiring back to the way I had it before, but it was too late - it was too cold outside to maintain bottle pressure, and my truck's engine gets heat soaked from Midnight Mayhem's stop and go shuffling in the pits. My other two passes were 11.8's.

Hopefully I can take another tenth or two off in the next few weeks.