PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Raceway

Aves
01-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Just wondering if any of you Okies ever go to Tulsa Raceway? Was looking at there schedule and think I may try to make it down there to run one of the tnt the first of March. :burnout:

Troy

autoXer47
01-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, we go up there whenever we get a chance. Great track to run on.

That reminds me I'm trying to get a group of R/T's to do a autocross race here in OKC on March 28. I'm going try and get the Dallas pansies and Kansas guys to show. Would any of you guy's be up for it?

Aves
01-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Hmm I am not much of a autox'r but what about this. If we could get them Texans up and I can talk to a few Kansas people. They have a TnT on the 29 maybe we could meet up on sat for autox with small get together that night and do some dragging Sunday? Just a thought

Troy

Doh!!!! after writing this I notice you doing the autox at okc not Tulsa. Damn it sounded like a fun weekend

autoXer47
01-21-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure if our local dragstrip will have a TNT on Friday night or on Sunday but that might me a option. Maybe that would help entice those slugs from Texas to come up and do a autox and dragrace. :rockwoot:
Can you ask some of the Dakotas up there? Heck I don't even care if they have a puke stang or what ever else. It would be fun just to get the Tex/Okla/Kan guys to run against each other.

emwhiteR/T
01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Ouch, a 4.5hr drive!

Aves
01-22-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm not sure if our local dragstrip will have a TNT on Friday night or on Sunday but that might me a option. Maybe that would help entice those slugs from Texas to come up and do a autox and dragrace. :rockwoot:
Can you ask some of the Dakotas up there? Heck I don't even care if they have a puke stang or what ever else. It would be fun just to get the Tex/Okla/Kan guys to run against each other.

I checked Noble and they will already be in points racing. Is there any other good tracks around there?
As far as drive it is about a 3 hr drive from Wichita so just a little more from DFW :nana:. Really wanted to hit Tulsa nice track and only 770' elevation :burnout:.

Troy

NightmareR/T
01-22-2009, 08:30 PM
I checked Noble and they will already be in points racing. Is there any other good tracks around there?
As far as drive it is about a 3 hr drive from Wichita so just a little more from DFW :nana:. Really wanted to hit Tulsa nice track and only 770' elevation :burnout:.

Troy

Yeah, you just want to keep on beating me don't you, ha ha :nono:. But that would be a lot of fun, getting the Okies, Kansans, and the Texans together for some fun and meet new people that are in the club. I will see how things are going and see if I could make it.

Matt

NightmareR/T
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM

Troy

You want that elevation just so you could beat me a little bit more :nono:, ha ha. But that would be a lot of fun, getting the Okies, Kansans, and the Texans together for some fun and meet new people that are in the club. I will see how things are going and see if I could make it.

Matt

Aves
01-24-2009, 07:31 AM
So autoxer is there any other strips there in Okc? If not still going to hit up Tulsa then and hope we can get some guys to come out.

Troy

autoXer47
01-25-2009, 04:19 AM
So autoxer is there any other strips there in Okc? If not still going to hit up Tulsa then and hope we can get some guys to come out.

Troy
No, Thunder Valley is the only track locally...and it sucks! Tulsa is well worth the trip.

Aves
01-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Well sounded like a would have been a fun weekend, BUT back to previous post. Going to Tulsa raceway first or second week of March. So if anyone is in the mood for some TnT come on out. Let me know which weekend work out best and maybe we can meet up.

Troy

autoXer47
01-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Depending on the weather I'll try and get a few of the guys around here to make a trip up there.:woot:

Aves
01-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Second weekend of March sounds like it might work out the best, but will wait to see which works best for the majority.

Troy

NightmareR/T
01-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I think the 2nd week will work the best for me, I think, nothing set in stone yet.

NightmareR/T
02-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Just bumping to keep this thread going, wanting to see if there are more people still thinking about going to this thing.

Matt

autoXer47
02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
As the date gets closer I'll try and get a few of the OKC guys to show.

Aves
02-03-2009, 01:38 AM
As the date gets closer I'll try and get a few of the OKC guys to show.

That would be great the more the merrier!!

Troy

Aves
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Ok the time is starting to get shorter. Looks like we will be going March 14 for their tnt. Starts at 1pm we are hoping to get there a little early to try to eat before starting. :burnout:

Troy

NightmareR/T
02-24-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't think I will be able to make it, simply because of some expenses that are coming up, so I really don't think that I could spare the extra money for the trip down there, do some racing, eating, etc, and then come back.

Matt

Aves
03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Looks like this not going to happen now. Maybe later in the year if things finally straighten out some with economy. :boohoo: