PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in the freezer.

blkout99
01-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone. I have been a 99 reg cab owner for about 6 months. Too cold to mess with now so that means its research time. I have duals, hyper programmer and headers. I bought it with 64K on it. It ran 15.5 with maximum traction issues (before mods). I plan to have slicks next trip and have done the mods I listed earlier. Other than air intake where should I focus my attention for maximum $ to et results? Thanks for any help!

PeteRT
01-15-2009, 01:46 AM
Hi everyone. I have been a 99 reg cab owner for about 6 months. Too cold to mess with now so that means its research time. I have duals, hyper programmer and headers. I bought it with 64K on it. It ran 15.5 with maximum traction issues (before mods). I plan to have slicks next trip and have done the mods I listed earlier. Other than air intake where should I focus my attention for maximum $ to et results? Thanks for any help!

welcome.

what's your budget?
pete

slvr03dakrt
01-15-2009, 02:52 AM
hehe put some naaaawwwwzzzzzz on it. Just kidding it all depends on you budget and if you want a hardcore street beater or trailer queen strip only. By far the best feeling mods to date were all the bolt ons. You can pick up over a sec with a full bolt on truck which consists of: mid length headers, full exhaust,m1 intake manifold, 1.7roller rockers, possibly underdrive pullies, larger tb, electric fan, and a computer reprogram once all these mods are complete. Also don't forget the sticky tires to put the power to the ground. To be honest the most fun I had was when my truck was full bolt mods with a little nitrous. Now I'm in to deep to turn back I'm shooting for 10's or real low 11's

blkout99
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys! I thought the intake and tb were the best place to start. I want to keep this completely streetable but.... I still wwant to kill a local lightning that is owned by :finger::finger:!

Budget is less is more with two teenage kids! I can probably get 1000-1500 away from the wife without her looking for my head.

What size tb??

ll ViPeR II
01-15-2009, 10:11 PM
52mm from what I've gathered for a stock - descently modded engines.

blkout99
01-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks, that is what I was thinking too. I am new to the non carb end of the aftermarket. :hail:

littleblack360
01-17-2009, 07:20 PM
hey. every one i am new to the dakota r/t tho i have been a dodge boy my entire life

i own a 99 extended cab with 200 000 k how difficult is it to run a true dual exhaust down along the underbody of the truck?