PDA

View Full Version : P0158 - Cel

emwhiteR/T
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
P0158 (M) 2/2 O2 Sensor Shorted To Voltage Oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above normal operating range.

So in plain english, this means what?

I have PPH headers in to 3" exhaust and the rear O2 sensors are hanging. They have been hanging for the past 9 months or so. I have it zip tied to the transmission.

Thanks in advance for any help.

emwhiteR/T
01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
I cleared the code and waiting for it to come back. Hopefully it was a glitch cause I don't want to have to buy an O2 that will just hang there.

Hugh Jassole
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I cleared the code and waiting for it to come back. Hopefully it was a glitch cause I don't want to have to buy an O2 that will just hang there.

it sounds like that's exactly what you have to do.

emwhiteR/T
01-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Well the damn light came back on. It took a few cycles for it to rear its ugly head again. I cleared it because I didn't want to become used to the CEL on all the time.

So is there a cheap O2 I can use that will work but not throw a CEL?

Does this mean the sensor is screwed or reading too much air? Would the colder temps be affecting it somehow?

TIA

grapejuice1998
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
P0158 (M) 2/2 O2 Sensor Shorted To Voltage Oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above normal operating range.

So in plain english, this means what?

I have PPH headers in to 3" exhaust and the rear O2 sensors are hanging. They have been hanging for the past 9 months or so. I have it zip tied to the transmission.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would look for a broken, or melted wire that's shorted out.

emwhiteR/T
01-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I would look for a broken, or melted wire that's shorted out.

Thanks, I will check some more tonight or tomorrow.

I was putting the wideband sensor back in and was checking out the wiring on the passenger side O2 that seems to be giving me the problem. I didn't see anything but I didn't look that hard either.