PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who haven't been paying attention

Five9Dak
12-31-2008, 05:30 AM
See new signature. Didn't want to pipe about it all besides helping others until I had it street tuned decently, it's starting to move out of it's own way now.

Plan it to street tune fuel only, take over spark from the floptimizer, add meth, redesign blower inlet, up boost to 10psi, hope the longblock holds it and runs deep 12s or 11s. I haven't seen many track times from KB trucks so this should be interesting with one tuned right.

I'm still working on step1, but goddamn I love that whine and instant torque. Even my street tune that I'd only call halfway done is considerably faster than the KB floptimizer DUMPING (read: out of WB sensor range, anytime in boost) fuel.

y2krtaf
12-31-2008, 06:01 AM
See new signature. Didn't want to pipe about it all besides helping others until I had it street tuned decently, it's starting to move out of it's own way now.

Plan it to street tune fuel only, take over spark from the floptimizer, add meth, redesign blower inlet, up boost to 10psi, hope the longblock holds it and runs deep 12s or 11s. I haven't seen many track times from KB trucks so this should be interesting with one tuned right.

I'm still working on step1, but goddamn I love that whine and instant torque. Even my street tune that I'd only call halfway done is considerably faster than the KB floptimizer DUMPING (read: out of WB sensor range, anytime in boost) fuel.

Nice!Glad to hear your making it work.
Only ridden in 1 KB'd truck before,and always liked the sound.
Keep after it.:biggthumpup:

Patrick
12-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey man good to hear. Im happy the kb is working out good for you.

Patrick
12-31-2008, 01:07 PM
also do you have any videos?

bad360rt
12-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Pics or ban! :jester: Glad to hear it's running bro.

Rtspeeddemon
12-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Good to see it making progress boosting is always full of challenges.

Five9Dak
01-01-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't have any under hood pics because my wire as I go wire harness is a disgrace, lol.

I have this pic from when I bought it:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/black99rt/kbadapter.jpg

And this datalog that proves I have boost (map of 121kpa, about 4psi)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/black99rt/mapjitter.png

Don't worry, my current tune is a lot smoother than that, I've fixed a lot of issues sine then. I have to make a phenolic isolation plate for my GM IAT and meth injection nossle where the extra injectors currently reside. If other members are interested in this block off plate that can be tapped for sensors, meth or nitrous nozzles, let me know because I'm about to tool up a run of them. It' won't require alteration of your KB manifolds at all so re-sale potential is maintained. Temp sensors placed here will read appropriate boosted temps but should not heat soak nearly as much as in they would installed in the M1. Once I start using the GM temp senor and tune the non linear MAT curve, I should be able to get back to tuning the VE table more without the weather or hot start antics affecting my efforts. Expect pictures, videos, impressions and when the weather cooperates drag and autoX times to follow.