PDA

View Full Version : shaved gas filler

Sleepy
12-22-2008, 11:38 PM
my gas filler is shaved and i only have it bolted on the inside of my bed to the wheelwell and i was thinking of making it into the bed rail on the the top and where i notch out id put some more support just woundering if anyone has any ideas?

bad360rt
12-23-2008, 12:02 AM
If you wanted to get crazy with it, you could make the taillight flip out and put the filler behind it. I've seen that done on older cars.

hskr
12-23-2008, 12:23 AM
I've actually seen them in the wheel well where you put the pump nozzle between the tire and the fender. Doubt you'd have that much clearance though. Are you still running the stock tank, or a fuel cell? Might as well just shorten the hose and put it flush with the bed floor.

Sleepy
12-23-2008, 02:29 AM
well the light idea would mean there would be alot of hose unless i could turn the tank around.

and if i were to put it in the floor when i go to pump it would touch the side of the bed (when i get it repainted)

Factory tank ill snap some pics of what it looks like in the am when theres light outside

bad360rt
12-23-2008, 02:40 AM
well the light idea would mean there would be alot of hose unless i could turn the tank around.

and if i were to put it in the floor when i go to pump it would touch the side of the bed (when i get it repainted)

Factory tank ill snap some pics of what it looks like in the am when theres light outside

True, but it would be pretty damn slick. Or if you didn't want to do it with the tail light, you could just mount it next to the tail light, so it's only accessible when the tailgate is down.